Director, Market Access (Texas & Oklahoma) – Infectious Disease Franchise
Texas (Houston preferred) - Work from home office/Company Car provided
Talent Orchard LLC is the retained recruiting partner for Melinta Therapeutics, we are managing the search for on behalf of Melinta for a, Director Market Access for Texas & Oklahoma. The role is home office based and can be located in any major Texas City, however for client access purposes, the preference is for Houston. The role does require extensive regional travel, a company car is provided.
Melinta Therapeutics is the largest pure play antibiotics company in the US with a potential $1B in commercial and late stage development products, plus a robust early development pipeline. Our mission is to meet the continually evolving threat of bacterial infections by discovering, developing, and commercializing a continual stream of novel antibiotics.
Melinta is building out its Market Access capabilities to ensure its products are fully utilized, ensuring maximum relief for patients and optimizing results for hospital systems. As part of this growth, an opportunity has arisen for a New Director role within Market Access to oversee the Texas/Oklahoma market. This is a home based role and you will be provided with a company car and all necessary infrastructure for you to be successful. You will have the opportunity to leverage your existing network of contacts within Texas and area hospitals to ensure success for the company and yourself.
Are you ready to:
- Lead the expansion two ground breaking products (Baxdela & Vabomere) designed to significantly reduce the cost of care and improve patient quality of life for patients with gram + skin infections?
- Take responsibility for what will be one of the two most significant regions for market access?
- Engage with customers, primarily within the hospital, physician office and home infusion environments, to ensure they have the information and tools to assess the value of the company’s products and how to realize appropriate reimbursement?
- Ensure customers truly understand the potential economic impact associated with a product that is such an elegant and different solution to a critical medical challenge?
- Work for a growing Biotechnology firm where a sense of employee ownership and commitment to the mission enables employees to feel both valued and impactful every day?
- Know that the work you do has an immediate and significant impact on the long-term success of your company, in support of one of the most critical products within the company portfolio?
Do you want to:
- Join a highly impactful national team dedicated to enhancing market access for a suite of innovative infectious disease treatments? These products include drugs recent to market and others in development, all with strong patent durations.
- Work from your home office and travel throughout Texas and Oklahoma, for our Infectious Disease solutions?
- Partner closely with Sales teams in your territory to help customers understand how the company’s Infectious Disease solutions impact the economics of their business?
- Provide customers, including hospitals, physician offices and home infusion providers, with specific information to improve their ability to receive appropriate reimbursement for the use of the product?
- Use your expert knowledge of the Texas and Oklahoma markets to identify and prioritize opportunities to work with local commercial payers to minimize barriers to reimbursement and patient access for Melinta’s Infectious Disease solutions?
- Use your knowledge of Market Access and ideally Infectious Disease treatment, including infused antibiotics, to position the product effectively with customers?
Your background will look like this:
- Degree in life sciences, economics or business with an advanced degree in one of these fields preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or device industry, with at least 2 years in a field-based Market Access role, preferably within the Texas and New Mexico region.
- Experience launching products in the hospital/clinical environment.
- Strong understanding of the U.S. Market Access landscape and its impact on hospitals and physician office-based practices, as well as the business of hospitals, physician-owned infusion centers and home infusion providers.
It is our Company's policy to employ, retain, promote, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants without regard to any individuals’ race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or protected veteran status. In compliance with local, state, national and federal disability laws world-wide, we would be happy to reasonably accommodate any disability needs in support of the application process. No recruiter or agency calls please. Melinta Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.