- Job Title
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Job ID
The Maintenance Supervisor of this food/beverage manufacturing plant, located in the Capital District, will be responsible for supervising, assigning, reviewing and participating in the maintenance of plant equipment, machinery and related facilities.
- Planning, prioritizing, assigning, supervising, and reviewing the work of unionized mechanical/electrical employees responsible for maintenance of the production and facility equipment including repair and installation of all electronic, electric, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical equipment.
- Establishing schedules & methods for providing maintenance and repair services; identifying resource needs; reviewing needs with appropriate management staff; allocating resources accordingly.
- Participating in the development of policies & procedures; monitoring work activities to ensure compliance with established policies & procedures; making recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards & procedures.
- Recommending & assisting in the implementation of goals and objectives; implementing approved policies & procedures.
- Training maintenance personnel in all safety equipment & procedures especiallyLock-Out/Tag-Out & confined space entry.
- Contributing in the selection of plant maintenance staff; providing or coordinating staff training; working with employees to correct deficiencies; implementing discipline procedures.
- Participating in the preparation & administration of the plant maintenance program budget; submitting budget recommendations; monitoring expenditures.
- Preparing analytical & statistical reports on operations & activities.
- Attending & participating in professional group meetings; staying abreast of new trends & innovations in the field of plant / facility equipment maintenance.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years supervisory experience with a background in electrical technology supporting a manufacturing environment or
- Associates degree in electrical technology field with 5+ years supervisory experience in manufacturing or
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical technology field with 3+ year’s supervisory experience in manufacturing
- Experience with preventative & predictive maintenance methodologies, reliability centered maintenance analysis, and TPM
- Experience with CMMS systems (Maximo/MP2/Tabware/ITMS)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Conceptual and practical experience with Lean manufacturing principles.
- Completion of a formal 5 year maintenance apprenticeship program highly desirable.
- Lean Certification a plus
- Proven ability to train and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Ability to manage a dynamic environment with a high degree of complexity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills