- Job Title
- Systems Engineer
- Job ID
- Quantico, VA
- Other Location
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Systems Engineer
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
LOCATION: Quantico, VA
Provide Systems Engineering Support to the FBI.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Engineer shall have a minimum of three years of technical experience implementing, maintaining and performing tasks in all aspects of Active Directory including but not limited to:
- Provide guidance, best practices and operational assistance for the current Active Directory domain
- Active Directory Domain Services and integrated DNS
- Add, remove, edit and apply permissions to OU’s
- Group policy management with the ability to add, remove and edit GPO’s to meet security guidelines while keeping systems functional
- Implement and maintain required Active Directory security tools and reporting
- Maintain and participate in Active Directory recovery testing
- Perform risk assessment and make recommendations on enhancements or alternatives in the Active Directory environment
The Engineer shall have basic technical experience and/or knowledge of System Engineering including but not limited to:
- Supporting VMWare based infrastructure (VMware ESXi, and Vsphere)
- Supporting Windows Server OS (2008 R2 and Higher)
- Audit Log Management
- Antivirus management and deployment
- Windows patch management
- Inventory management
- Remote assistance
- Server health and performance monitoring
The Engineer shall have competence in:
- VB Scripting
- Cyber security
- Structured analysis and architectural design concepts/methodologies.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art concepts in open system standards (e.g. OSI, ISO, OSE, TAFIM), design methodologies and tools such as entity relationship/dataflow diagrams and IDEF1x, object oriented principles and systems engineering practices.
- Provide system acquisition and program management, contract and business management administration, financial management and technical support for TICTU and DCS. This support will enable TICTU to monitor the installation, integration and implementation of automated systems at designated field office locations while monitoring the prime/developmental contractors’ technical, schedule and cost performance.
Overall the Engineer must be analytical, possess problem solving skills and be creative in finding innovative and secure resolutions in keeping Active Directory, Servers and Systems safe. The Engineer must possess interpersonal skills to work on the team and to explain issues and resolutions to technical and non-technical staff at all levels. Ability to work on multiple projects at once while keeping team and customer informed of the current status.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess an active Top Secret Clearance with ability to secure a favorable CI Polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
- 3 or more years technical experience in Microsoft Technologies
- MCITP and/or MCSE Certification or other highly sought after related Microsoft Certification (desired)
- VCP Certification (Desired)
- CompTIA Security +CE (Desired)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: