Senior Network Security Engineer – Brand New Contract Opportunity!
Crystal City, VA (Pentagon)
Active Top Secret Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization and we are seeking a highly motivated Senior Network Security Engineer to provide subject matter expertise to address cybersecurity requirements and implement security designs and approaches to resolve vulnerabilities, mitigate risks and recommend security changes to systems for our Government customer in Crystal City, Virginia. The Government customer performs systems/solution engineering to implement new or improved IT services, system upgrades and new capabilities for the Pentagon Area and select agencies and organizations in the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Implement security designs and approaches to resolve vulnerabilities, mitigate risks and recommend security changes to systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that all system designs address cybersecurity requirements
- Develop, recommend, & test security controls to meet information assurance requirements
- Preparing performance metrics, diagrams, and communications on system health.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure secure technology designs and implementations
- Respond to security related escalations in a timely manner
- Create, implement and/or modify cybersecurity policies, standards, and guidelines
- Provide subject matter expertise in any on-going cybersecurity related meetings
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Occasional after hour work to account for implementation of new devices/policies/or changes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Cybersecurity, Information Systems, or related field
- 7+ years of experience Cybersecurity in an Enterprise environment
- Active Top Secret Clearance Required
- Active Security+ (AND) CCNP Certifications Required
- Must have experience in the operations, management, monitoring or maintenance of network security devices and technologies (i.e. firewalls, routers, VPN, IPS/IDS sensors, proxies, wireless access points, PKI, domain controllers, security information event managers, malware detection and enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems, etc.)
- Be able to implement, operate, and maintain some or all of the following security tools: Blue Coat ProxySG (forward proxy (HTTP and HTTPS)) and web content filtering), Symantec SSLV, Inquest, Niksun, Lancope, TippingPoint IPS & SMS, Gigamon HC2, FireEye, Sourcefire
- Highly experienced in Application, Network and Systems related security
- Proven track record in evaluating and ensuring compliance of IT systems with regards to the assessment of vulnerabilities Experience recommending appropriate security countermeasures to ensure implemented security architectures comply with Enterprise-level security architecture standards
- Must possess a practical understanding of log and monitoring management systems, security event monitoring systems, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall technologies, malware detection and enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems, VPN technologies and encryptions standard.
- Must have a solid technical understanding of network and system infrastructure.
- Must have practical experience in the application, management and implementation of security policies, controls and baselines to wide range of operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.)
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments. Display self-confidence, knowledge and be a quick study
- Cybersecurity related certifications such as CCNA/CCNP Security, CISSP, CISM, etc. are highly desired
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #cjpost #networkengineer #CCNA #CCNP #networksecurity #CISSP @topsecretjobs