Hadoop SPARK Developer
- Job Title
- Hadoop SPARK Developer
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL
- Other Location
Q1 Technologies, Inc. is looking to hire a Hadoop SPARK Developer to join our rapidly growing information technology company.
At Q1 Technology Inc., our business is to assist our client in utilizing information technology to gain a competitive advantage. From system integration to contingent workforce solutions, we have enabled our client to exceed their business objectives.
Job Title: Hadoop SPARK Developer
Contract Type: W2 Employee
Start Date: 1-May-2018
Work Location: Jacksonville, FL
Duration: 9 months
- 6+ years of experience in Hadoop Development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ IT or equivalent work experience
- 6 or more years’ experience translating requirements into technical design specifications, coding components, unit testing, code reviews, change management and release procedures
- Advanced knowledge and experience of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), product development methodologies, database design concepts and system integration strategies.
- Experience in Hadoop, MapReduce, Hbase/Relevant NoSQL Technologies in real-life large scale BigData projects.
- Experience with SPARK, Jupyter, R, Python, DE
- Programming experience with SCALA
- At least 3-4 years of experience in the capacity of BigData Designer and/or Technical Architect
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of standard desktop applications such as MS Office Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio.
- Proficient communication skills both verbal and written
- Hands-on experience in different Hadoop Distributions and related products/Tools
- Experience in HealthCare data/domain (preferred)
- Hands on experience in Solr/ElasticSearch, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Sqoop etc.
- Expertise in Quality Assurance with database testing back ground
- Good in Requirements gathering and analysis
- Should be experienced in SQL, core Java/Python/Perl is required
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments, i.e., Security, Database Administrators, etc., to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Provides scope, sizing and estimates time required to complete code and provides this information to the project manager for input to the project plan. Determines impacts and integration points. May participate in capacity planning with project manager or functional manager
- Translates specification document requirements into code. Creates or modifies code for moderately complex system design that may span platforms. Ensures code complies with architectural and SDLC standards. Writes scripts to run programs
- Creates application design specification documents from which code will be written. Interfaces with external vendors and customers through crosswalk mapping with different and often complex architecture
- Potential opportunities for exploring news ideas and innovations to anchor outcome based achievements
- Coordinate Activities with Others on All Phases of SDLC
- Assist with Production Support issues/problems as required. Respond to and resolve production support issues
- Experience in Health Care (preferable)
- Required Skills
6+ years of experience in Hadoop Development