Advisory Software Engineer (100% Remote) - Contract
- Job Title
- Advisory Software Engineer (100% Remote) - Contract
- Job ID
- Springfield, MO 65809
- Other Location
Title: Software Engineer, Advisory
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Our Enterprise Content Services team is looking to add a Software Engineer. This candidate, under moderate supervision, manages and develops integration for the Content Management System (CMS) and all authoring tools utilized by system users. This person will write necessary API’s, as well as update and maintain style sheets. They will be part of a team that assists all technical writers, editors, and information architects with multiple aspects of content delivery for an enterprise CMS.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five years of technical experience in software development.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Works on moderately complex and diverse projects. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Strong knowledge in the following areas:
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies
- Domain and industry knowledge
- All phases of the development cycle including concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation
- Awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans
- Able to demonstrate strong skills in the following areas:
- Software design and implementation
- Analysis and design at multiple-project level
- Research, analysis and problem resolution
- Communication and interpersonal
- Organizational and time management
- Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of project stakeholders and contributors.
- Able to create deliverables for each phase of the development cycle.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, with minimal assistance, while remaining flexible to changing requirements.
- Able to provide task estimates including effort and cost; able to adjust these estimates as appropriate and necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player attitude.
- Ability to explain complex problems and concepts to all levels in the organization.
- Microsoft and other programming/software engineering related certifications a plus and/or an active desire to pursue such certifications.
- Understanding of the relationship between content, technology and design.
- Knowledge of Shakespearian templates such as Lucius and Hamlet.
- Knowledge and experience with Java and Apache ANT.
- Knowledge and experience writing APIs.
- Knowledge of JSON and C#.
- Understanding of technical content authoring and UX workflows.
- Knowledge of industry standards such as DITA, XML, and HTML.
- Knowledge of job-related content authoring, publishing, and graphic design tools, such as SDL Knowledge Center, Oxygen Author, Snagit, Acrolinx and Microsoft Visio.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require research.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project cost/effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. May participate in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- Assists with maintaining environments to support and develop the CMS.
- Design and develop any necessary integrations with the CMS.
- Write necessary APIs for integration with CMS.
- Report issues to vendors and resolve high-level problems.
- Suggest and develop new products/integrations.
- Work with CMS vendor and administrator to plan and implement upgrades, resolve support issues and manage patches.
- Works with application project managers to ensure there is proper support, release and patch management.
- Participates in educational opportunities including reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Works as part of a team to support technical writers and resolve their issues relating to content delivery.
- Update style transforms for the CMS.