- Job Title
- Plant Manager
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32219
- Other Location
Plant Manager position available for a world-renowned manufacturing company in Jacksonville, FL!
Full Time, 7 AM - 5 PM, Monday - Friday
Salary, Depending on Experience
Jacksonville, FL 32219
The plant manager position directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, safety, quality and other production-related activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure plant operates in a safe manner.
- Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance, and quality.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Control departmental expense to meet budgets.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Manages capital asset maintenance.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Control and minimize labor overtime and repair expenses.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporates Kaizen and Lean into organizational culture.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to production department supervisory staff.
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Business Acumen
This position manages all employees (31 reports) of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Workdays are Monday through Friday, but may require some Saturday workdays to meet production demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field or five years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Hydraulic and assembly industry experience preferred
- Lean & Six Sigma experience
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 & 14001
- Prefer experience working in a small sized plant/operation
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the US.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Required Skills
Bachelor's degree in related field or five years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Pay Range
- $75,000.00 Annually to $80,000.00 Annually