- Job Title
- Inventory Specialist
- Job ID
We are working with an energetic, dynamic consumer packaged goods company that manages a unique portfolio of natural and specialty food and beverage brands who is looking for an Inventory Specialist. This is a very exciting opportunity for an individual with a real passion for food. This position takes ownership of all aspects of supply chain management.
Duties & Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Meet Service Level & Days on Hand Inventory Targets.
- Place purchase orders for finished products, components, & special order items.
- Interact with vendors to maintain positive relationships.
- Review inventory levels to ensure all customer needs are met.
- Manage import paperwork from time order placed with vendor to arrival at warehouse. This includes all governmental and regulatory releases.
- Approve and provide paperwork to Finance, and appropriate 3rd Party Providers (Freight Forwarders, Customs Brokers, Public Warehouse, and Drayage Companies).
- Coordinate shipments to arrive on a timely & cost effective basis.
- Calculate & maintain products costs based on vendor cost, currency & related expenses.
- Use both subjective (future sales expectations) and objective information (sales historical data) to maintain inventory levels that will meet both sales and company objectives.
- Supervise all consumer correspondence.
- Determine & handle quality issues as per approved documented process.
- Other duties & special projects as requested
Required Skills/Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years experience in buying finished goods preferably food or importing finished goods
- Procurement experience is required but a willingness to be flexible and open to learning is just as important to succeed in the position.
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Word experience
- High level of organizational skills & time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to build working relationships with vendors & colleagues
- Solid communication skills; must be articulate & assertive