Accounts Payable Administrator
- Job Title
- Accounts Payable Administrator
- Job ID
- Tysons Corner, VA 22182
- Other Location
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Administrator
REPORTS TO: VP of Finance & AP/AR Manager
LOCATION: MicroTech Headquarters – Tysons Corner, VA
Responsible for the planning and execution of the accounts payable functions in a timely, accurate, consistent, and effective manner. Ensure that all accounts payable and related accounting processes are documented and performed in a professional, accurate, quality, and timely manner. Assist the Accounting Directors and the Vice President of Finance in the control and standardization of the accounts payable and accounting processing procedures by developing and maintaining up to date procedure documents of all the cycles: daily, weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly, and annually.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive documents for payment (i.e. invoices from vendors, expense reports, etc.), obtain approvals for payment, and process such transactions in the proper Microsoft NAV accounts.
- Maintain the Accounts Payable module. Prepare and send payments via check, ACH, credit card, or wire transfer.
- Check Processing - cut checks, obtain signatures, and prepare all payments for mailing.
- Expense Reports - receive, obtain approvals, code and process all expense reports.
- 1099 preparation and W-9’s - obtain all necessary payment information, preparation of the corresponding forms, issue the forms accordingly, and maintain files.
- Filing - properly maintain the files of all accounts payable pending and processed.
- Field vendor calls - properly respond to all calls/emails from vendors, employees, and management regarding Accounts Payable matters.
- Work with Accounts Receivable to ensure that cost and revenue are documented in the correct and necessary time frames.
- Sales and Use Tax Reporting and Payments.
- Process and maintain vendor credit applications.
- Assist with financial and other audit requirements as needed.
- Increase knowledge and expertise of Microsoft Dynamics NAV accounting system to be able to train and/or familiarize other accounting personnel with the capabilities of the system, which will enhance the operational requirements and performance of the Accounting Team. Assist the Accounting Director/Manager and CFO by cross-training in other Accounting functions, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Three to five years of experience in AP processing and payroll operations, including experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with concentration in Finance and Accounting
- Certification as Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands, and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: