WFL Consultant (Deployment/Relocation) - San Diego
- Job Title
- WFL Consultant (Deployment/Relocation) - San Diego
- Job ID
- San Diego, CA
- Other Location
WFL Consultant (Deployment and Relocation Support)
San Diego, CA
Are you searching for a rewarding opportunity?
Talent Orchard is seeking a Work and Family Life (WFL) Consultant, to support a top Federal Consulting Firm with deep roots supporting the military community.
WFL Consultants are non-clinical personnel who may provide one-on-one consultation, information and referral, classroom training, workshops, and seminars. The employee filling this WFL Consultant position will work as a specialist primarily in the Transition Assistance/Family Employment functional areas, but could be assigned to assist in any of the Work and Family Life Consultant programs and services identified below.
Deployment and Mobilization Support
- Provide pre-deployment, mid-deployment, return and reunion, and post-deployment briefs/ workshops for commands, sailors and their families.
- Provide outreach efforts that target (at a minimum) the most at-risk groups to include: first-term service members geographically separated or socially isolated families, single parents, foreign-born spouses and others with special needs.
- Provide deployment briefs/workshops that are tailored to the command demographics needs (e.g., singles, new parents, couples, and children) and should address the needs of the type of command (e.g., special warfare, air, submarine, surface, etc.). Deployment materials and checklists should be appropriate and be provided to requesting commands.
- Provide deployment services and information to mobilized reservists and family members, as well as to individual augmentees and family members.
- Provide information to school staff, teachers, and guidance counselors to ensure they understand the unique needs of military children.
- Provide training, briefs/workshops to Command Family Readiness Groups.
- Provide aggressive command outreach and liaison to ashore and afloat commands.
- Provide Pre- and Post-Deployment SAPR training using Navy standardized curricula, when not provided by SAPR personnel.
- Bachelors in a social science or related behavioral science field OR combination of social science education and equivalent experience to a bachelor’s degree OR 4 years’ equivalent experience
- Must demonstrate skills in making presentations and facilitating training for groups
- Must possess professional knowledge of social services and/or education delivery systems
- Must work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Well organized and flexible
This position is heavy in class teaching and conducting Return and Reunions (meeting the deployed commands retuning from deployment). Flying to foreign countries and embarking (riding) on US Navy ships is required.
Maintain current passport
In OCONUS locations, strong preference is given to hiring on-site spouses/family members to minimize relocation requirements.
Staff providing Return and Reunion services must be physically and emotionally able to withstand the rigors of Return and Reunion trips. Some Return and Reunion trips may require a VISA.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General Office Demands:
Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices on most or all workdays
Ability to communicate and interact with others, both in person and/or by telephone to conduct business
Working under time pressure
Working rapidly for long periods to meet deadlines
Must be able to travel as needed and adhere to travel policies and procedures.
Physical requirements can typically be characterized as sedentary: work involves exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Major Job activities and mental requirements:
Multiple concurrent tasks
Ability to perform under stress
Reading and comprehension
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.