Anti Money Laundering (AML) Investigator
Full time salaried role
Talent Orchard LLC is a workforce solutions consulting firm, we have been retained under contract to assist a leading Financial Services firm based on Columbus OH, build out an expanded team of Analysts and Investigators to support their services surrounding the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) activity. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your existing AML experience with a firm where you will not just "be a number" in a large AML team, but will be part of building a new solution. This is your chance to achieve real career satisfaction while providing a valuable service to clients.
In this role you will serve as a BSA/AML Investigator that analyzes sensitive information concerning account and customer activity which is potentially linked to financial crimes. The role requires critical thinking and time management skills in order to complete assigned tasks within our regulatory obligation timeframes.
This is the right opportunity for you if this describes your capabilities;
- Follows direction and executes tasks as assigned, demonstrates original thinking that helps improve processes or identifies trends.
- Escalates important matters to management.
- Recommends viable solutions.
- Analyzes sensitive information concerning account and customer activity which is potentially linked to money laundering, terrorist financing, organized crime and other high profile financial crime activity in order to determine if a Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) are warranted.
- Utilizes the Actimize Case management and Alert System
- Processes transaction effectiveness alert reviews weekly (160 per week) accurately and thoroughly.
- Processes 40 Tier II case investigations weekly.
- Completes case work with QA error rate less than 5%.
- Conduct Customer Due Diligence Investigations as required
- Uses various methodologies for researching, analyzing and mitigating compliance risks.
- Opens investigations, reviews and completes a SAR filing.
- Stays up to date on the FFIEC examination manual.
- Collaborates with team to establish connections across products, business units, processes, etc.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- CAMS certified or certified within 9 months of employment or 120 days after standard becomes effective.
Preferred Work Experience
- 3-5 years experience working in a BSA/AML compliance investigations role or similar experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in general compliance requirements.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex regulatory and business issues.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to function in deadline intensive environment, managing multiple responsibilities while effectively focusing on priority issues.
- Superb attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat. Access and Project a plus.
- Self-motivated with the ability to function effectively with supervision.
If the time is right for you to work for a Best Places to Work award winning company, where you are valued for who you are, not just another cog in the process, then you need to speak with us and make the change you deserve!
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #AML #Banking