Cloud Software Developer
Fort Belvoir, VA
Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been engaged by a top defense contractor in their search for a Cloud Software Developer for a new and exciting role in Fort Belvoir, VA, for a DoD customer.
- Support all phases of the software development cycle including:
- Requirements and interface definition
- Design and development of state-of-the art software systems for space-based applications
- Software development
- Integration and test
- Configuration management and release
- Product maintenance
- Effectively communicate with internal customers, during development and after product release.
- Manage several parallel tasks as part of a dynamic team of systems and software engineers.
- Support software project management.
- Troubleshoot software issues and works under general supervision.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: This position requires an active US Secret Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred accreditation standard.
- Minimum 5 years Software development experience.
- 3+ years of performing server software development in Java.
- 3+ years of experience developing ground control software.
- 2+ years of experience with SQL Server databases.
- 2+ years of experience with validation testing.
- Experience with software integration.
- Experience with XML.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience with Web Services Integration.
- Strong technical, analytical, and documentation skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with avionics control algorithms, hardware interfaces and I/O device drivers, networking, SQL and nonrelational databases, web-based development.
- Java software development experience running in the JBoss / Wild-Fly service bus.
- JUnit Test experience.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Experience developing and integrating web services and database technologies.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #cjpost #softwaredeveloper #javadeveloper #clouddeveloper #groundcontrolsoftware #avionicssoftware #secretjobs