Cloud Security Engineer with Secret Clearance (435221)
- Job Title
- Cloud Security Engineer with Secret Clearance (435221)
- Job ID
- Fort Belvoir, VA
- Other Location
Cloud Security Engineer
Fort Belvoir, VA
Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been contracted by a top tier defense firm to assist with staffing a brand new contract opportunity handling Cloud Services for a DoD Customer in Fort Belvoir, VA. For this opportunity we are seeking an experienced Cloud Security Engineer with a minimum active Secret clearance.
- Act as the technical lead on complex security engineering projects.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies.
- Develop documentation including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Visio diagrams.
- Evaluate existing technical capabilities and systems and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to mentor and coach less experienced security engineers.
- Excellent customer service and organization skills; ability to maintain cooperating working relationships.
- Conduct “after action” reviews to identify and document lessons learned and best practices.
- Research and test new security tools/products and make recommendations of tools to be implemented in the environment.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure proper reporting of project activities and status as well as proactively escalating issues.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with the Operations resources assigned to the same projects.
- Must possess and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Security, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, etc.
- 14+ years of networking and/or security engineering experience.
- Planning, designing and implementing security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Experience with network and log- centric analysis and logic development using a Security Event and Incident Management (SIEM).
- Hands on experience with security solutions including but not limited to firewalls, proxies, intrusion detection systems (IDS), data loss prevention (DLP) and Malware Analysis device.
- Knowledge of network-based and system-level attacks and mitigation methods.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning, antivirus & malware analysis.
- Understanding of FISMA and NIST standards.
- Experience configuring switches and routers.
- Ability to examine and interpret packet capture data (Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.).
- Experience in developing technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Strong understanding of security architectures and devices.
- Ability to communicate IT, networking, and security concepts to personnel at all levels of experience and responsibility.
- Strong time management and multitasking skills as well as attention to detail.
- Experience working with multiple high priority tasks simultaneously.
- Comfortable identifying and defining system security requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including writing comprehensive reports and white papers.
- Relevant network or security certification: One of the following (CCNP, CCNA, CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GREM, CEH, etc.)
- Senior level documentation and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Experience with web application firewalls and proxies.
- VOIP phone System Management and Security.
- Working knowledge of cloud technology.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #cjpost @fortbelvoirjobs @secretjobs #cloudsecurityengineer #securityengineer #networksecurity