Cloud Network Engineer with Secret Clearance (435220)
- Job Title
- Cloud Network Engineer with Secret Clearance (435220)
- Job ID
- Fort Belvoir, VA
- Other Location
Cloud Network Engineer
Fort Belvoir, VA, US
Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been contracted by a top tier defense firm to assist with staffing a brand new contract opportunity handling Cloud Services for a DoD Customer in Fort Belvoir, VA. For this opportunity we are seeking an experienced Cloud Network Engineer with a minimum active Secret clearance.
- Experience in all phases of LAN/WAN/wireless LAN Life Cycle network requirements, design, test and evaluation, implementation, refresh, management/operation, and traffic analyses.
- Experience developing and documenting high-level and detailed/low-level network architecture designs, including developing end-to-end physical (layer 1) and logical (layer 2 and Layer 3) network architecture designs.
- Working knowledge of routing protocols, switching, and firewall technologies
- Experience with Remedy and ServiceNow.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving issues and providing proactive customer engagement via various communications ways.
- Experience with Network management including monitoring, performance management, configuration management, asset management/inventory, etc. and with SNMPv3/v2/v1 network management tools, security management tools, traffic analysis tools.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation relating to procedures, processes and standards.
- Evaluate and recommend new procedures, software or other tools to enhance capabilities.
- Perform packet capture and analysis to baseline network performance and/or troubleshoot performance issues
- Provide troubleshooting and support for network issues, perform fixes and document the procedures
- Self-starter with good interpersonal skills, team player, good oral and written communication, organizational skills, and good customer service.
- Ability to complete the project and quality deliverables in a successfully and timely manner. Excellent communication skills Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree (AND) 5+ years experience.
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with network management tools to include network management tools, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Cisco DCNM, Wireshark, Remedy, ServiceNow, Solarwinds, and Cisco Prime
- Understanding of virtualization technologies, VMware and Storage technologies, including vCenter 5.0/6.0, VDI VMware View Horizon 6.0
- Authentication: TACACS+, RADIUS, NAT
- Knowledge of VPN Configurations (e.g. IPSEC)
- Knowledge and experience supporting firewall technologies, including IPS, Web Filtering, Application Control and HTTPS
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS, LDAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Visio and Working knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Ability to configure, analyze and troubleshoot highly complex networks.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation of factors.
- Layer 3 knowledge device platforms and very strong in problem solving
- Knowledge of routing system architecture and the ability to independently troubleshoot complex routing, switching and forwarding issues
- Strong documentation skills-to document case management, knowledge capture, defect management and lessons learned.
- Good verbal and writing skills communication skills because these skills are essential since the support will be provided, over the phone, through IM tolls, or any other means of IT communications.
- Ability to recreate or reproduce customer issues in order to isolate and resolve the issue.
- Cisco CCNA certifications (Routing and Switching), CCNA Security, Cisco CCNP certifications (Routing and Switching, Security, Wireless and Data Center)
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #cjpost @secretjobs #networkengineer #CCNA #CCNP #cisco