Senior Information Assurance Specialist (Top Secret Clearance required)
- Job Title
- Senior Information Assurance Specialist (Top Secret Clearance required)
- Job ID
- Linthicum, MD 21090
- Other Location
Senior Information Assurance Engineer
Top Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we are searching for an experienced Senior Information Assurance Specialist with an active Top Secret Clearance to support a long-term program for a DoD customer in Linthicum, MD, supporting the Intelligence and Law Enforcement Communities. In this role you will work closely with the government Information Assurance Manager (IAM) in implementing DoD and Air Force Policy on the Agency networks, and contribute as a Member of a team of IA professionals responsible for providing policy analysis, information sharing requirements, as well as Certification and Accreditation (C&A) support for multiple classified and unclassified networks.
- Responsible for creating and validating system security requirements, establishing and implementing security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures.
- Will conduct technical risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems as well as assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the system life cycle.
- Responsible for preparing documentation such as Risk Assessment Reports (RARs) for the ISSM/CISO, System Security Plans (SSPs), Development of Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms) to ensure compliance with Government and DC3 Cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Will assist the ISSM/ISSO with the generation of cybersecurity documentation for system hardware and software assessments
- Assess the performance of IA Security controls for assess and authorize and assess only networks.
- Must have 10 years of professional experience with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree; or 18 years of professional experience without a degree
- Must have an active Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain SCI
- DOD 8570/8140 Certification: (CISSP, CISM, GSLC, CASP, CAP)
- Demonstrated Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience
- Experience with IA/Cybersecurity policy implementation
- Experience handling Federal C&A activities to include experience with eMASS (submission, validation and updates as needed)
- Experience performing computer systems security risk analysis and assessment
- Experience implementing and validating Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIG) and Security Requirements Guidance (SRG) for applications, familiarity with DOD network architecture and network engineering practices, hardening Windows/LINUX operating system
- DoD SCCVI, HBSS, ACAS and CMRS experience
- Experience with Department of Defense Test & Evaluation (T&E) practices for Cybersecurity to include validation of Security Control Requirements, STIG/SRG/Customer Centric requirements and document findings in a formalized reporting format
- Experience analyzing and defining security requirements
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with excellent communication skills (written and verbal communications) and have the ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- FISMA experience
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience with computer vulnerabilities and exploits
- Demonstrated experience analyzing security event log data (Windows, UNIX, Database)
- Demonstrated experience with networking, architectures and security elements to include firewalls, intrusion detection systems, routers and proxies
- Experience with security tools (ArcSight, Splunk)
- Familiarity with system log reviews
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or learn about our other exciting opportunities on the Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost @marylandjobs @tsscijobs @ICjobs @MDjobs @topsecretjobs #IAengineer #informationassurance #RMF #C&A #FISMA #riskmanagement #cybersecurity