Personnel Security Specialist
- Job Title
- Personnel Security Specialist
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 22201
- Other Location
- Offsite - OUSD(I) CI&S
• Provide personnel security administration and processing on government and contractor personnel who are requesting and/or granted access to national security information IAW, but not limited to, the following: • Intelligence Community Directive 704 (as implemented)
• DoD 5200.02, Procedures for the DoD Personnel Security Program
• DoDM 5200.01, DoD Information Security Program Vol 1-4
• DoDD 5210.50, Management of Serious Security Incidents Involving Classified Information
• DODM 5105.21 - Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Administrative Security Manual: Administration of Personnel Security, Industrial Security and Special Activities
• Provide advice and assistance on the implementation and management of the OUSD (P) Personnel Security Program.
• Assess pertinent information submitted for consideration, identify and record derogatory information found during the review and forward the completed package to the proper government authority for eligibility decision.
• Determine if additional information is required, prepare associated notifications, suspense receipts and consolidate information for government review and determination.
• Verify & coordinate Joint Staff badging and process component paperwork and issue badges
• Prepare, coordinate and disseminate incoming and outgoing visitor clearance requests.
• Enter and maintain data within a designated data repository, generating reports as required by the Government.
• Track and maintain personnel security related actions and transactions from initial submission through indoctrination and training.
• Prepare and maintain personnel security dossiers and file applicable personnel security documentation into the individual files.
• Interface with designated government agencies to address and resolve noted personnel security issues.
• Provide support in the conduct of security reviews and staff assistance visits at government and industry locations applying regulatory directives to ensure the location being reviewed is in compliance.
Skills and Core Competencies:
Required Skills and Relevant Experience:
• Ability to translate complex concepts into tangible and functional products.
• Ability to interface with senior level management.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Relevant Experience:
• Military with a background in security or a related discipline.
• Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in the Personnel Security program implementation and management of facilities or industrial security administration, preferably in the government contracting industry.
• Knowledge of multiple DoD and services security references, regulations, and instructions pertaining to personnel security, especially the DoD 5202.07 Vol 2., NISPOM and working in a multi discipline security SSO security office.
• Knowledge of multiple DoD security references, regulations, and instructions pertaining to information security.
• Performing Security Administration, Personnel Security, Physical Security, General Security Support and Program Protection Analysis. Processing government and contractor personnel who are requesting and/or granted access to national security information.
• Review & submitting request for completeness and compliance with regulatory guidance and direction. Maintain and track personnel security related actions and transactions from initial submission through indoctrinations and training.
• Ability to assess pertinent information submitted for consideration, identify and record derogatory information found during the review and forward the complete package to the proper government authority for eligibility decision.
• Determine if additional information is required, prepare associated notification, suspensions receipts and consolidate information for government review and determination.
• Special Security Program (SSP) to include protection from espionage, terrorism and threats of unauthorized disclosure and/or compromise of information or material while considering the mission interest and national defense or national security of education, professional training or work experience. Must have the ability to be crossed trained in other security disciplines as assigned.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
This position is contingent on the contract award