Personnel Security Support
- Job Title
- Personnel Security Support
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 22201
- Other Location
- Offsite - OUSD(I) CI&S
The contractor shall provide Personnel Security support to the Counterintelligence & Security Directorate.Tasks may include but limited to:
- Develop, revise, interpret and coordinate policies pertaining to personnel security to include, but not limited to tiered background investigations, adjudications, and continuous evaluation of DoD personnel.
- Support the development, revision, interpretation, and coordination of policies pertaining to investigation, adjudication, and continuous evaluation of personnel in national security positions, to include those requiring access to classified information and personnel who require logical and physical access to government information systems.
- Provide support on strategies and initiatives to overhaul and improve personnel security and adjudication processes and performance to include transition to electronic fingerprint capture submission, upgrades to the Joint Personnel Adjudications System (JPAS), transition from JPAS TO the Joint Verification System – Defense Information Systems for Security, adjudicator certification, investigative service provider billing and product quality, Central Adjudication Facility consolidation policy and procedures, Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 compliance, continuous vetting to defend against insider threats, personnel security lexicon development, performance metrics development and monitoring, and billing funds controls.
- Recommends changes to security programs and policy consistent with oversight assessment findings, identified vulnerabilities, and anticipated needs.
- Coordinates within the CI&S personnel to ensure optimal cross-functional integration of key security policy issues in the areas of physical, personnel, industrial, and information security as they affect DoD's ability to mitigate external and insider threats and assess and manage risk
- Advises the Director, Physical & Personnel Security, and other senior DoD leadership on potential issues or roadblocks affecting DoD personnel and security policy and oversight. Develops a recommended position ensuring technology and policy solutions follow applicable laws, regulations, principals and standards.
Required Security Clearance:
- Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Expert knowledge of DoD, Intelligence Community, and national-level personnel security policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Department’s personnel security functions to include personnel security manager responsibilities and investigation and adjudication policies is highly desired.
- Capable of developing, updating, and coordinating policy and providing personnel security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive-12 interpretation and guidance as required.
- Expert in policy development; drafting, formatting, tracking, staffing, reviewing and reconciling inputs to DoD Directive(s), Instruction(s), Manual(s) and other publications; and reviewing other policy documents for personnel security equities. Excellent writing and project management skills is highly desired.
- Experience in coordinating with the DoD services and components to resolve complex personnel security policy issues.
- 10 years of experience in security policy or operational experience and experience as a staff action officer on an OSD, JCS, or Military Department headquarters staff.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
This position is contingent on the contract award