- Job Title
- Solutions Architect
- Job ID
- Franklin, TN 37027
- Other Location
IT Solutions Architect
Conexess Group is helping a local financial client in their search for a Solutions Architect. Ideally they are looking for an experienced, professional individual to join their Information Technology team full time. The Solution Architect produces formal technology designs that align immediate business requirements with the long-term Enterprise business and architectural visions. This individual will sit in a corporate office just south of Nashville and will be expected to abide by a professional dress code.
- Produces formal designs and documents, including Architecture Design Records and artifacts which contribute to the Enterprise Architecture Catalog.
- Remains abreast of technology developments and is expected to offer recommendations, opinions, and risk assessments based upon research and proof-of-concept implementations, including offering input to build-versus-buy decisions.
- Key individual contributor that maintains technical stewardship at the Business Capability and/or Project level and acts to ensure that Development efforts adhere to the architectural and business visions.
- Engaged during the requirements gathering phase of initiatives that fall within his or her scope of responsibility and remains available as an internal consultant and reviewer throughout the Development life cycle of that effort. He or she may be called upon as an arbiter for technical implementation issues.
- Understands and helps to produce Business Process Models to ensure the alignment of Business with Technology and will complete internal and mortgage industry training courses to gain the required business expertise.
- 5+ years as a Technical Lead or Architect; or a Senior Developer with a passion for design and a desire to transition into the Architect role
- Experience implementing in-house-developed, Open Source, and COTS solutions
- Familiarity with Enterprise Integration Patterns and canonical models
- Experience producing design artifacts
- Experience evaluating technical risk
- Experience with System Analysis and Design
- Experience with multiple Java frameworks, particularly Spring; Web Services using both SOAP and REST; evaluating Open Source, internal and external integrations and message queuing
- Understanding of Microservices and SOA, Business Capability Modeling and Event Processing
- Understanding of business and economic value of data and the importance of security in every design
- Docker/Containerization preferred but not required
- Excellent data modeling skills including experience with at least two relational databases
- Strong Java/J2EE/JEE skills
- Ability to recognize opportunities for re-use and when not to re-use existing solutions
- Empathetic but objective
- Understands the value of simplicity
- Offers honest opinions and defends ideas, even when the opinion or idea is a minority view. Knows when and when not to compromise
- Ability to tailor communications to audience, including adopting the correct business vernacular when speaking with business partners