Talent Orchard is seeking a Cloud Database Engineer to join our team in Fort Belvoir, VA. Must be a well-trained and motivated database administrator, or engineer, with strong AWS and scripting experience, interested in a career delivering innovative solutions to our growing client base in higher education.
As a Senior Cloud Database, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting root cause analyses of poor performance and instability of database systems that are escalated from Tier 2 Support teams.
• The design, development, and document processes, procedures, and tools for diagnosing and fixing known bugs and problems, for improving efficiency, and for automating common tasks.
- Analyzing changes in each database version release, hot fix, or service pack and update the existing documents, processes, procedures, and tools to make sure that they continue to work with these changes.
- Documenting and escalating database related application issues with detailed analyses to the Product Development teams.
• Installing, configuring, upgrading, migrating, backup, restore, troubleshoot, and tune a large number of database systems in a 24x7 production environments.
• Collaborating with the Infrastructure and Applications teams on efforts to improve database performance, stability, and availability.
• Installs, setup, and configure third party tools for collecting and analyzing database performance and stability issues.
• Writing standard operating procedures and train database administrators and support engineers to perform new tasks and use new tools.
• Working independently or with very little supervision on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 9 years of experience in installing, configuring, upgrading, migrating, backing up, restoring, troubleshooting, and tuning Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c in Linux operating systems in a large 24x7 production environment on AWS cloud.
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting Oracle database performance using AWR & ADDM reports and grid control.
- 5+ years of experience in developing automation tools using Perl, PHP, Python, or Ruby for a large production environment with 1,000+ servers.
• 2+ years of experience in developing and deploying automation tools using Bash, Python, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, and Git.
• 2+ years of experience with AWS VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, ELB, SNS, AMI, IAM, KMS, Route 53, CloudWatch, and Lambda.
• Experience with scrum development methodology with JIRA.
• Experience writing process requirements, technical design documents, and standard operating procedures.
• Experience collaborating with cross functional global and remote teams with diverse backgrounds.
• Demonstrating good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
• AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, or AWS Solutions Architect.
• ITIL Foundation Certification v3.
• Experience in supporting, maintaining, or using Ellucian products such as Banner and Colleague.
- Experience in web-based application development using Python, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, and Nginx.
- Experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and tuning Tomcat or WebLogic application servers.
• Experience in Linux and Windows administration including AD and ADFS.
• Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience or 13 years of related experience without the degree.
• 5 or more years of demonstrated advanced, hands-on, Oracle database (11g/12c) administration experience supporting the design, installation, configuration, development, integration, implementation, and testing of Oracle database services in a complex environment with multiple classification enclaves and integrated with DoD C2 systems utilizing associated information assurance processes/procedures.
• Demonstrated advanced experience supporting and troubleshooting Oracle database, server, and hosted application issues reported through monitoring or customer submittals.
• Demonstrated familiarity with Enterprise IT environments (data center, computing, storage, network, security, backup/recovery, policies and procedures).
• Demonstrated experience in the development and refinement of processes and procedures to ensure efficient, repeatable and effective monitoring and troubleshooting of Oracle database systems.
• Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
• Ability to drive efficient resolution of all incidents through analytical and structured approaches to problem solving.
• Experience with ITIL methodology; specifically Incident, Request and Change management principles and tracking systems.
• Experience with Operations support within an ITIL Service Operations management framework, including use of Service Now or Remedy service management tools Experience with IT service management best practices such as change, problem, and incident, configuration and service level management.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost #secretclearancew