Cloud Storage Engineer (435308)
- Job Title
- Cloud Storage Engineer (435308)
- Job ID
- Ft. Belvoir, VA 22060
- Other Location
Cloud Storage Engineer
Fort Belvoir, VA
Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been contracted by a top tier defense firm to assist with staffing a brand new contract opportunity handling Cloud Services for a DoD Customer in Fort Belvoir, VA. For this opportunity we are seeking an experienced Cloud Storage Engineer with a minimum active Secret clearance.
- Manages the operations of the Enterprise storage solutions (NAS, SAN, and Flash Storage types) and interconnections to attached server or other infrastructure.
- Installing, provisioning, configuration, hardening or optimizing, tuning system performance, administration, setting up administrator and service accounts, maintenance, upgrade, enhancement, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space using manufacturer best practices monitoring, data protection, and management of operational storage and application systems.
- Delivering storage solutions that will meet IOPS, latency, HA and DR requirements.
- Proactive monitoring of components and systems, analyzes system faults, troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Initiates preventive maintenance as well as repair to system/environment problems.
- Performs regular status checks to validate that the storage systems are not being under/over utilized in SAN fabric capabilities, array capabilities. This involves finding hot-spots, evaluating SAN network bottlenecks, and any additional performance evaluations.
- Provides support to server Systems Administrators and Backup Administrators.
- Provides support and guidance to less experienced Storage Administrators.
- Participates in cross- functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems that may be across multiple systems and subsystems requiring in depth knowledge of the highly sophisticated Data Center environment and IT infrastructure.
- Documents and reviews standard operating procedures to optimize service delivery in alignment with ITIL best practices.
- Documents and presents change requests at enterprise review change board.
- Provides occasional off-hours remote support for planned maintenance work and unplanned support issues. May occasionally require on-site work at a data center during off-hours.
- Works with application owners, as well as the engineering team to execute data center operations core mission.
- Create and maintain system documentation for updates made to the infrastructure environment.
- Coordinates with engineering team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- US Citizenship
- Must Currently Possess: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- 5 + years IT experience; 5 years’ of storage systems experience providing technical support to Enterprise networks
- Systems administration experience including support for Microsoft Windows based file servers, NAS (CIFS), SAN (LUN), and Flash Storage (NAND) environments on EMC and Avamar
- Core Storage technologies in place will include EMC VNX, NetAPP 7-mode and CDOT, 3Par, EMC DataDomain
- Strong knowledge network management tools such as SolarWinds, NetAPP OPM, and EMC SystemMangaer or other similar monitoring tools
- Effectively interact with others to accomplish tasks within tight schedule, ability to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must possess good communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of virtual infrastructure hardware, operating systems, and VMs on servers which support business processing requirements
- Solid understanding of high performing systems in a multi-domain, multi-site Windows Active Directory environment that consists of SQL servers, VMware vCenter 5.5/6.x, and Windows 2008/2012 servers
- Breadth of knowledge across VMware, SAN/NAS storage, Windows/AD, RHEL, and data center administration and practices
- Experience evaluating technology, processes, and staff preparedness to initiate Continuity of Operations (COOP) or disaster recovery
- Experience entering and updating incident tickets in tracking systems, such as ServiceNow or Remedy Scripting experience to leverage CLI based deployments of storage in the above mentioned storage technologies
Desired Skills and Experience:
- ITIL Foundations v3
- Familiarity of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Familiarity of blade compute platforms
- Familiarity of VMware 6 technologies
- Understanding of EMC ViPR technology
- Performance optimization for highly available and OLTP solutions
- Familiarity of networking
- Familiarity of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost @secretjobs @fortbelvoirjobs @novajobs #storageengineer #vmware #linux #redhat #SAN #EMC