Senior Cloud Engineer
Fort Belvoir, VA
Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been contracted by a top defense firm and we are searching for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Cloud Engineer to support a brand new Cloud Services program for a DoD customer in Ft. Belvoir, VA. The selected candidate will possess and maintain a deep understanding of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) services offered on cloud platforms and have extensive experience designing and operating the same with ease of use, self-service, automation, and reliability of services.
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems using infrastructure as code and modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps and/or DevSecOps, with a focus on Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Develops automation scripts for efficient deployment and operations of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud- based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides highly innovative and creative solutions.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
- Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long- range goals and objectives.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
- Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- US Citizenship is required
- Must currently possess an active DoD Secret clearance
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree)
- 14+ years of experience in Systems Engineering, IT, or related
- 3+ years of significant Cloud Engineering experience with MS Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Nutanix, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC)
- 2+ years of experience with cloud automation and scripting
- 2+ years of experience with configuration management tools (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- 1+ years of experience with containers (e.g., Docker)
- In depth understanding of Cloud Migration methodologies and best practices
- Deep familiarity with PaaS services, containers, orchestrations
- Familiar with Agile project management procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- At least one industry recognized cloud certification is required (e.g., AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional, MCSA: Cloud Platform certification is required, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Integration, etc)
Desired Experience and Certifications:
- 1+ years of experience with additional cloud technologies (e.g., S3, VMware)
- 1+ years of experience with AWS GovCloud desired, C2S strongly preferred
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost @secretjobs @fortbelvoirjobs #cloudengineer #AWS #azure #vmware #cloudautomation