Lead Cloud Architect (434414)
- Job Title
- Lead Cloud Architect (434414)
- Job ID
- Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
- Other Location
Lead Cloud Architect
Fort Belvoir, VA
Secret Clearance Required
We are looking for highly motivated and experienced Lead Cloud Architect to support a brand new Cloud Services contract in Ft. Belvoir, VA, for a large defense contractor. The selected candidate will be an expert in all aspects of Cloud Architecture, providing team and general leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques, including large scale application migrations into the cloud in a large 24x7 enterprise environment.
- Directly supervises a team of 3-5 engineering, governance, and operations team leads.
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems, with a focus on Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, cloud service provider selection, implementation techniques, application & data migration techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud- based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Manages team members who exercise significant latitude and independence.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior-level customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications.
- Leads briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
- US Citizenship is required
- Must currently possess an active DoD Secret clearance
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree)
- Minimum 14 years' Systems Engineering or related experience
- 4+ years of experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect, with focus on cloud, server, storage, and networking
- 3+ years of experience with MS Azure and AWS
- 2+ years of experience leading Cloud Computing teams and projects in a large, regulated enterprise environment
- In depth understanding of Cloud Migration methodologies and best practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification is required (Professional strongly preferred)
- MCSA: Cloud Platform certification (MCSE: Cloud Platform and Integration strongly preferred)
Desired Experience and Certifications:
- 1+ year experience with additional cloud technologies (e.g., S3, VMware)
- 1+ year experience with AWS GovCloud, C2S strongly preferred
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #cjpost @secretjobs @fortbelvoirjobs #cloudarchitect #AWS #azure