- Job Title
- Network Engineer
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN 37207
- Other Location
Conexess Group is aiding a local healthcare client in their search for a Network Engineer. This is a full time position just south of Nashville and they are looking to bring on this resource immediately. The ideal candidate will possess strong routing and switching skills, as well as a fair amount of firewall experience and will be working directly underneath a Senior Network Engineer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or related field
- 3-5 years of Networking Experience
- Knowledge of technical telecommunications systems, video conferencing, computer LAN systems, network protocols (TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and bridging, network monitoring system (such as SolarWinds Orion), load balancers, routers, Cisco Unified Communications applications (Communications Manager, MeetingPlace, Unity), F5, Netscalers and telecommunications test equipment.
- CCNA preferred, CCNP study towards certification preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general technical procedures, professional journals and general business periodicals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to travel up to 15% to correctional facilities, regional offices, etc.
Participate in the design and deployment of company LANs, WANs, and wired/wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Configure and support the infrastructure load balancers.
- Configure voice, video and data infrastructure to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor performance, troubleshoot moderately complex issues, resolving problems as needed.
- Communicate with executive management and department leaders to make them aware of any issues that may arise that can be included in any strategic planning.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to the voice, video and data infrastructure.
- Participate in the installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation voice and video hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure voice connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax servers, and other network appliances.
- Conduct research on voice, video and data products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the industry as requested.
- Participate in and may lead new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery as requested.
- Collaborate and support the team's goals.
- Assist in completion of special projects on an as needed basis within the IT Department.
- Support change management process in applying approved change requests. This includes updating documentation and configuration management supporting our ITSM solution.
- Update and maintain run book and service catalog as appropriate.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.