The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Senior Systems Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Systems Security Engineer
- Job ID
- Quantico, VA 22134
- Other Location
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Senior Systems Security Engineer
REPORTS TO: VP of Technology and Network Solutions
LOCATION: Quantico, VA
Provide Information Assurance and Security Engineering Support to our government customer.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate as the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for this specific government agency's division.
- Provides security engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of Information Assurance and Information Security (InfoSec) Engineering.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle
- Validates system security requirements definition and analysis; establishes system security designs
- Implements security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures
- Verifies security requirements
- Function as the systems security subject matter expert (SME) in configuration control board (CCB) meetings
- Performs system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities, and supports secure systems operations and maintenance.
- The Senior Systems Security Engineer shall have a minimum of five years of technical experience performing security requirements analysis for, and system design, of computer systems.
- The Senior Systems Security Engineer shall have a sound, technical aptitude for Audit Log Management, Vulnerability Analysis, and Intrusion Detection.
- The Senior Systems Security Engineer shall have a sound, technical aptitude for FISMA Compliance Auditing to include the creation of Configuration Management Plans (CMP), Contingency Plans (CP), Incident Response Plans (IRP), System Security Plans (SSP), and Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Have a strong understanding of NIST 800-53 Rev 4 Security Controls Assessment.
- Experience with all steps in the RMF process to include FIPS199 categorization.
- The Engineer shall have prior experience performing vulnerability scanning and remediation planning.
- The Engineer shall have competence in Active Directory, VB Scripting, Cyber security, structured analysis and architectural design concepts/methodologies.
- The Engineer shall also possess knowledge of state-of-the-art concepts in open system standards (e.g. OSI, ISO, OSE, TAFIM), design methodologies and tools such as entity relationship/dataflow diagrams and IDEF1x, object oriented principles, and systems engineering practices.
- Some current technologies supported include ePolicy Orchestrator, SPLUNK, Remedy, and Nessus.
- The Senior Systems Security Engineer shall provide system acquisition and program management, team leadership and tutelage to junior members/staff, contract and business management administration, financial management and technical support for this specific government division.
- This support will enable this specific government division to monitor the installation, integration and implementation of automated systems at designated field office locations while monitoring the prime/developmental contractors’ technical, schedule and cost performance.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess an active Top Secret Clearance with ability to secure a favorable CI Polygraph
- 5 or more years technical experience in Information Assurance
- CISSP Certification (desired)
- CompTIA Security +ce
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: