Bilingual Program Manager- Automotive (Korean/English)
- Job Title
- Bilingual Program Manager- Automotive (Korean/English)
- Job ID
- Northville, MI 48167
- Other Location
SUMMARY: This position is the primary program contact with customers (OEMs, Tier 1 and Tier 2, etc.) on programs. This includes managing program activities from program kick-off through production launch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish and execute program timelines, milestones and program commitments made with the customer.
- Support quote development and manage programs to financial targets.
- Ensuring that a clear line of communication occurs between customer base, and all key personnel are engaged throughout the program cycle.
- Manage/ensure the following processes are executed: Prototype Orders, RFQ Process, Tooling Orders and material orders for start of launch.
- Lead the Program Team to identify and achieve Continuous Improvement /cost reductions on programs as assigned.
- Ensure customer involvement where necessary to achieve Continuous Improvement objectives by program to increase overall program margin.
- Develop a detailed program plan, resource requirements and overall costs to launch the program with the Program Team and present during Executive Program Review Meetings.
- Manage core team, customer relationship, program tasks to ensure program milestones are achieved.
- Monitor input of team members’ hours into time tracking database to assure accuracy, consistency and budgeted hours.
- Manage program status updates and conduct gate reviews utilizing the APQP Process.
- Follow escalation protocol to gain appropriate levels of management support on potential show stopper issues.
- Manage, capture and process engineering changes for the life of the program.
- Ensure that appropriate technical interface during the product development cycle is established and maintained with the customer including providing support during field failures or other failed components when necessary.
- Participate in program launches, customer audits or conferences in Acuna or at the customer as necessary.
- Responsible to maintain relevant customer information and systems such as APQP status, program milestones and Engineering Change Notice (ECN) updates in the appropriate systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A bachelor’s degree in engineering or business, eight (8) to ten (10) years of automotive product launch experience (experience with automotive seat systems and/or interiors is a plus), automotive program/project management experience required, working knowledge of APQP required, working knowledge of program/project management software, Milestone charts, scheduling tools and driving programs using Gate Review protocols required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibility.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be technically and socially fluent in English and customer’s native language as a minimum. Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in English and customer’s native language. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public in both English and native language.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently is required to walk, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: The employee may be required to travel to various domestic and international locations for the purpose of conducting business on behalf of the company.
Permanent authorization to work in the United States is required. Relocation is not offered.