Senior Software Engineer- Automotive
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer- Automotive
- Job ID
- Northville, MI 48167
- Other Location
SUMMARY: Senior embedded software development engineer designing electronic modules for major automotive OEMs. Interface with hardware engineers in analyzing requirements and evaluating design tradeoffs. Create detailed design implementations and test plans. Implement designs in C and Perform Unit Testing and Integration Testing on generated code.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
· Will be required to liaise with program management, hardware, mechanical and manufacturing teams to ensure cross-functional dependencies are captured and implemented.
· Provide engineering solutions to meet technical objectives and deadlines
· Develop embedded software according to processes.
· Will be required to attend team meetings to provide project status on regular basis
· Coordinate with the program management and regional teams to streamline and analyze customer requirements, change requests, risk assessments etc.
· Must be able to translate customer requirements into functional requirements and develop design documentation and functional specifications.
· Conduct design and code reviews for responsible projects and participate in design and code reviews for other team members.
· Develop and execute Unit and Integration test plans.
· Work with testing teams to ensure complete requirement coverage and review test results.
· Provide support for launch activities and team members at manufacturing locations to ensure timely and quality delivery.
- Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware. Test and troubleshoot systems.
· Support activities like presentations, demos, etc. to pursue new business.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS and DESIRED SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent)
· 10+ years of experience in automotive embedded software development
· Proficient in Freescale’s family of microcontrollers and CodeWarrior IDE (Microchip PIC an advantage)
· Good understanding of automotive communication protocols such as CAN and LIN
· Working experience with Vector tools (CANalyzer, CANoe, etc)
· Working knowledge of FMEAs.
· Experience in Matlab/Sumulink an advantage
· Understanding of RTOS such as OSEK and AUTOSAR OS an advantage
· Experience with DOORS, Clearcase/Clearquest, Jira or similar tools
· Familiar with overall product development life cycle from design to delivery
· Good understanding or MISRA compliance and static analysis tools such as QAC
· Excellent communication skills
· Able to learn new technologies quickly
· Self-motivated and results driven
· Ability to work in team environment and handle multiple projects
· Must be fluent in both written and spoken English
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to draft, read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents, including complex patent applications. Ability to write speeches and articles and the ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to large groups.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with complex mechanical, electrical and chemical mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts in drafting of patent applications and related documentation.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: The employee may be required to travel to various domestic and international locations for the purpose of conducting business on behalf of the company.