Sr. Power Electronics Design Engineer - Electric Compressor Inverters (Automotive)
- Job Title
- Sr. Power Electronics Design Engineer - Electric Compressor Inverters (Automotive)
- Job ID
- Novi, MI 48331
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Power Electronics Design Engineer - Electric Compressor Inverters (Automotive)
Terms: Direct Hire
Salary Range - $90-$110K + Bonus (Dependent upon experience – flexible on salary for the right person)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Our client is a global provider of thermal and energy management solutions. They have a full line of products for internal combustion engines, and hybrid, electric and fuel cell vehicle automotive applications. Solutions include systems and components for thermal management and emissions control, powertrain cooling, and heating ventilation & air conditioning, including air handling modules, compressors, and fluid transport.
Moving beyond conventional climate control systems, our client provides innovative solutions that are eco-friendly and designed for high-efficiency to bring value to customers and deliver occupant comfort.
Our client is experiencing tremendous growth; and with that growth we have several positions open. Areas include Product Design, Development and Applications Engineering for HVAC, Fluid Transport, compressors, valves, pumps, EGR and Heat Exchangers.
Power Electronics Engineer
This specific position seeks an engineer with expertise in power electronics and analog circuit design.
Some Typical Duties:
- Work with our global core Design and Manufacturing activities to develop, prototype, test and launch electric compressor inverter products for automotive applications.
- Interface with the customer and lead requirements gathering.
- Provide direction to eCAD, Systems, and Test personnel.
- Assess testing results and develop corrective actions, manage test part inventory.
- Release and sign-off of application-specific designs.
- Execute and document all required product design corporate deliverables.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 + years related experience within a design engineering environment, preferably with automotive power inverters or comparable devices for other industries.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required; Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, test, and launch in one of more in the listed components
- Understanding of high voltage circuit design (~400v) and component limitations.
- Experienced in interpreting customer electrical hardware and software specifications
- Experience in quality disciplines such as DFMEA, DVP&R, etc.
- Able to specify and conduct testing of electrical and electronic components for validation.
- Experience in design for EMC and associated validation testing.
- Experienced in project planning and management.
- Ability to conduct Technical Design Reviews according to Stage/Gate Development System disciplines
- Ability to utilize problem solving skills. Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Work closely with lab on test set-up, execution and report-outs.