- Job Title
- Linguist (AFRICOM)
- Job ID
- Odenton, MD 21113
- Other Location
- Djibouti, Somalia, Cameroon, Niger, Tunisia
Legato, LLC Senior Recruiter Stan Blackwell (email@example.com / 410-218-0900) would love to speak with you regarding the following position: Linguist (AFRICOM)
What You Will Do
You will provide interpretation, translation, and transcription services for US Army missions across the globe. You will also perform linguistic services in support of U.S. forces engaged in humanitarian, peacekeeping, contingency and combat operations, typically without a well-defined timeframe or quantity for delivery.
Who You Will Work With
You will work closely with the U.S. Army personnel, other highly skilled linguists and security professionals, government customers, and intelligence analysts.
Who You Are
You have experience with one or more languages desired by the U.S. Army.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Interacts with government, military, and contractor personnel
- Able to follow accurately the essentials of conversations between educated native speakers, reasonably make and answer telephone calls, understand radio broadcasts, news stories similar to wire service reports, oral reports, some oral technical reports and public addresses on non-technical subjects.
- Support the assigned unit up to 7 days per week for 8 hours per day or more.
- Read, write, and speak clearly while using concise grammar and pronunciation.
- Can conduct consecutive, accurate translations and interpretations of on-going conversations and/or activities.
- Have the familiarity and ability to conduct oneself in accordance with the local culture and customs.
Main Performance Locations:
What Your Future Manager Says
"Our team at Legato is a family-first company that is growing every day, and we look forward to finding the best Linguists that will thrive in a government and military environment." ~ CEO
About Your New Company
Legato, LLC is a dynamic small business headquartered in Odenton, adjacent to Ft. Meade, MD. Our IT engineers and security experts are among the top of their field and enjoy working at Legato for its attention to its employees, aggressive compensation, and benefits package and upward mobility possibilities.
Legato, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions