Technical Delivery Manager - Contract
- Job Title
- Technical Delivery Manager - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Technical Delivery Manager
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Job Description: The Tech. Delivery Manager will run our in store telephony program R&D efforts and eventual build out for national launch.
- Provides thought leadership to deliver creative and efficient technical solution.
- Leads the development of strategic plans for projects of high business complexity.
- Works with architects to design business solutions by applying the right technology. Works with Lead Architects to transform requirements in to solutions design.
- Works with cross functional resources to develop and gain approval for high level delivery plans of various sized software development projects based on a set of objectives (scope, delivery and technical approaches, risk, assumptions, staffing plans, other cost, and ongoing operational plans and cost).
- The Technical Delivery manager is responsible for ensuring all steps in the SDLC are executed, acts as the scrum master for their projects/workstreams as appropriate and coordinates across many cross functional project resources.
- Oversee client/customer/vendor relations to ensure that service expectations are met or exceeded
- Monitors project metrics for significant deviations in quality, cost, or schedule
- Monitors and reports all project risks and issues; leads mitigation and resolution efforts to limit risks; escalates as needed
- Facilitates scrum and status meetings
- Assists in establishing, enabling, and improving project management and software development methodologies, procedures and policies
- Coaches and mentors individuals on the project teams and provides feedback on performance to their leaders
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, business administration or related field
- Has foundational experience playing a contributing role in full cycle software delivery as a business analyst, developer or quality expert (previous development experience preferred).
- Understands, can participate in and lead solutions design.
- Strong project management, leadership, and organization skills (Scrum certification desired)
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Understands the capabilities of key technologies (HTML5, Java, SQL Server) and can quickly assess the applicability of commercial off the shelf technology.
- Candidate must be thorough and detail-oriented
- Able to work on multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Must be able to remain calm in pressure situations and adapt quickly to change
- Must have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- 3 – 5 years leading the project delivery of complex enterprise application systems, distributed applications, web applications, and system integration solutions
- 3 – 5 years project leadership in a deadline driven environment
- 3 – 5 years using SDLC multiple development methodologies such as Agile, RUP, Waterfall, etc.
- 2 – 3 years working with technology vendors
- System and/or Business Analysis experience preferred
- Application development experience preferred
- eCommerce experience preferred
- Process improvement experience preferred