Associate Director of Accounting
- Job Title
- Associate Director of Accounting
- Job ID
- Lincolnshire, IL 60045
- Other Location
Director of Accounting, Pharmaceutical Industry
Talent Orchard LLC is the retained recruiting partner for Melinta Therapeutics, we are managing the search for on behalf of Melinta for a, Director, Accounting. This is a salaried role with Melinta with full benefits and an opportunity to both lead and build an accounting function for this growing publicly traded company.
Melinta Therapeutics is the largest pure play antibiotics company in the US with a potential $1B in commercial and late stage development products, plus a robust early development pipeline. Our mission is to meet the continually evolving threat of bacterial infections by discovering, developing, and commercializing a continual stream of novel antibiotics.
Melinta is experiencing a rapid growth and transformation, in the past few months the firm has acquired significant new business via merger and acquisition, has become a publicly traded company and grown into a leader in its specialty. It is essential to the long-term success of the firm, that core infrastructure adapts rapidly to support the business model and as such a major investment in being made into the Accounting and Finance areas of the company. As a direct result of this investment, an opportunity now exists for a Director of Accounting to be part of the leadership team within Finance.
This Director of Accounting must possess the right blend of people and project management skills and ability necessary to both “lead and do” while interacting effectively with all levels of the firm, vendors and external stakeholders. This is your opportunity to help build a highly effective accounting team and positively impact the long-term financial stability of a firm poised to positively impact public health.
If you are seeking the opportunity to build a team, lead projects to improve technology and process in a publicly traded company and collaborate with really intelligent and motivated colleagues this is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
As the Director of Accounting you will;
- Lead the team responsible for all day to day accounting activities within Melinta, including AP, GL, Fixed Assets, Contract Revenue, Payroll and Consolidations.
- You will manage month-end, quarter-end and year-end close for a publicly traded company.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations update schedules, including complex project tracking and accruals.
- Assist with key public company accounting activities to support 10K, 10Q, & SOX 404 compliance.
- Manage Procure-to-Pay (P2P) activities including researching and leading automation of process, including opening purchase orders for R&D, Commercial and Marketing, and Medical Affairs program contracts and processing and paying contract-related and all other invoices
- Serve as point person for annual external audits and quarterly reviews
- Analyze and document department processes and procedures and recommend improvements as needed
- Prepare white papers for the adoption of new accounting standards and complex transactions
- Prepare accounting reports for grants (BARDA) and other partnerships
- Drive efficiency and system integration/improvements as current firms fully integrate
- Be a key part of the team to execute integration of additional business that may be acquired.
In order to successfully perform these duties you will likely have following education, skills and prior experience;
- Prior experience managing an Accounting Department within a Publicly Traded company.
- Prior experience working within a public accounting firm (“Big Four” preferred).
- B.A. or B.S. degree in finance, or related field. Master’s preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing activities utilizing U.S. GAAP
- Prior experience utilizing Microsoft Great Plains or similar systems.
- Accounting Systems implementation experience, including mapping process and evaluation of products.
- SOX 404 compliance experience.
If you want to build your team, drive solutions and collaborate with a talented group while working for a firm that impacts public health please connect with us. Your opportunity is here at last!
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.