PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Contract Specialist-I
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22202
- Other Location
The Contract Specialist (Level-1) must be an individual who has working knowledge of various Federal Government contract types and can work independently. Candidate must possesses proficient knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), specifically FAR Parts 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15 and 38. Situations outside set parameters shall be referred to management for clarification. The individual performing in this position must be able to take direction well, and communicate effectively with both contractors and government employees. This individual may be required to attend work-related conferences, meetings, or any other official training functions, at the discretion of the Contracting Officer’s Representative.
Work-site Location: Crystal City, Arlington VA (Metro & VRE Accessible)
Duties shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist government contracting officers with large and small purchase contract actions based on the various cradle to grave functions.
- Assist with the administration of various contracts and task orders.
- Review solicitation packages for completeness.
- Prepare Determination and Findings in accordance with the FAR.
- Review funding documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Advise and provide program offices with examples of documents to be contained in a solicitation package.
- May be required to work with a program office to resolve minor issues.
- Will be required to input contracts, task orders and purchase orders into the Unified Financial Management System (UFMS).
- Research and provide statistical data to contracting officers.
- Research and prepare market research documentation.
- Prepare and disseminate various types of Requests for Information
- Assist contract specialists with Pre and Post award conferences.
- Input data into the Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation (FPDS-NG) Data Base.
- Must have a four (4) year Bachelor’s degree with at least 24 hours of business credits.
- At least four (4) years of related working experience which demonstrates meeting or exceeding the required duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Must have expereience and/or knowledge of FAR parts 4, 10, & 38.
- Must have directly supported or assigned to federal governement agency (Commercial only exp. does not qualify).
- Must have experience performing market research, pre/post award, MOD's, contact memo's, and/or any administrative funtion on behalf of agency CO.
- Knowledge and/or experience with CPARs.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Superior time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient writing skills.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate they are familiar with, and can complete each of the duties listed above.
- Experience with SharePoint is a PLUS!
Option 1: Create a New Profile
PSS offers a competitive benefits program, and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Interested in applying for one of the positions listed above? Please apply directly via the links above - thank you for your interest.
PSS provides employees with a benefits program that supports retention, and ultimately higher worker productivity. To better serve on projects where long-term employee satisfaction is a concern we provide the following scalable benefits:
- Medical & Hospitalization Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Training Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Special Programs