SMB Director – Outside Sales – Chicago, IL
Responsible for effectively directing and monitoring the sales of
integrated communication structure to small-to-medium business customers
in an effort to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives
on a consistent basis. Directs and develops Managers/Supervisors in the
field operation area. Provides leadership and direction for multiple
functional areas. Manages professionals at manager, supervisor and
professional levels. Ensures appropriate resources to achieve financial
and business objectives. Influences, shapes, and integrates strategy for
- Develops a consultative business-to-business sales culture through strong leadership
and coaching. Leads by example by modeling the Company Credo, Touchstones, and
- Coaches, reviews, rewards, motivates, disciplines, and terminates managers in the
field sales, Sales Engineering, and Sales Support areas. Evaluates effectiveness of
managers and implements necessary changes. Addresses personnel issues/performance
- Possesses an excellent knowledge of Company's products/services, pricing practices,
and selling skills to effectively oversee small-to-medium business sales deployment of
new products and services that target the enterprise segment.
- Monitors and prepares reports and forecasts monthly, quarterly, and annual sales
results and other activity and performance measures through experience with
processing and analyzing of data.
- Develops, plans, and coordinates seminars, sale incentive plans, and other strategies
to achieve business unit objectives. Exhibits excellent written and oral
communications, interpersonal skills and planning, presentation and organizational
- Identifies and implements improvements in business processes yielding, increased
sales performance, and/or higher operational efficiency through excellent time
management, decision-making, and human relations skills.
- Establishes and cultivates effective business relationships, both cross-functionally and
with Division and Corporate Business Services teams and with internal organizations
to ensure maximum effectiveness of the sales organization.
- Manages and monitors small-to-medium business sales channels within budgeted
sales and expense targets.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and
weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors’ Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Business, Marketing
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 9+ years related experience
Base $110k- $132k with TIC $55k
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Burrell Associates Executive Search (www.burrellassociates.com) is a well-respected, professional recruiting firm founded in 1986, has been retained for this company's confidential search. We specialize in placing professional candidates at all levels, executing with the strictest of confidentiality.