VB6 & VB.Net Developer
- Job Title
- VB6 & VB.Net Developer
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- 6 Months
- Malvern, PA
- Other Location
Q1 Technologies, Inc. is looking to hire a VB6 & VB.Net Developer to join our rapidly growing information technology company.
At Q1 Technology Inc., our business is to assist our client in utilizing information technology to gain a competitive advantage. From system integration to contingent workforce solutions, we have enabled our client to exceed their business objectives.
Job Title: VB6 & VB.Net Developer
Contract Type: W2 Employee | 1099 Contractor | Corp 2 Corp
Work Location: Malvern, PA
Duration: 6 Months
- Thoroughly understands and applies Vanguard’s IT Navigator development methodology. Thoroughly understands and applies Vanguard’s Architecture standards, including all Information Security policies and procedures. Verifies all deliverables meet Methodology and Information Security requirements.
- Translates technical specifications, and/or design models into code for new or enhancement projects (for internal or external clients).
- Develops code that reuses objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain.
- Writes programs and reports.
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support when needed. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Participates in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition, e.g. prototyping.
- Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation and analysis.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables, e.g., systems testers with test plans. On small teams, the developer may write these items.
- Performs unit testing and writes appropriate unit test plans to ensure requirements are satisfied. Assists in integration, systems, acceptance, and other related testing as needed.
- Ensures developed code is optimized in order to meet Vanguard performance specifications associated with page rendering time by completing page performance tests.
- Develops understanding of client business functions and technology needs. Develops understanding of Vanguard's tools, technologies, and applications/databases, including those that interface with the business areas and other systems.
- Interfaces with cross functional teams, including associated Data & Mid Tier teams.
- Complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones.
- Complies with Retail Systems policies and procedures including attendance and weekly time and status reporting.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues and ensure methodology compliance.
- Understands and adheres to Vanguard’s Diversity mission and policies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of VB6 & VB.NET experience developing applications
- Required Skills
5 years of VB6 & VB.NET experience developing applications