Senior Network Engineer with Top Secret Clearance - Future Technology Team
- Job Title
- Senior Network Engineer with Top Secret Clearance - Future Technology Team
- Job ID
- Fort Belvoir, VA
- Other Location
Senior Network Engineer - Future Technology Team
Fort Belvoir, VA
Top Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we are searching for a Senior Network Engineer with an active Top Secret Clearance to join an exciting program in Fort Belvoir, VA. Our client specializes in modernizing information technology systems by re-engineering existing systems to harness the full power of emerging technologies and proven innovations to serve the business needs of their customers.
The ideal candidate will serve as an onsite Senior Network Engineer for the Customer’s Future Technology Team, and will design, implement and deploy systems and transition into operations for maintenance while working with a group of highly-skilled Network Engineers to deploy technical solutions for numerous IT systems.
- Designs and plans network communications systems.
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network design.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- BA/BS (In Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field experience)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working in information technology and network engineering
- US Citizen with Active Top Secret Clearance
- 8570 Compliance: Security+ CE (required prior to start date)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (required prior to start date)
- Familiarity with F5 load balancing and security protocols
- Palo Alto next generation firewall experience
- VMware experience, specifically Virtual Machine network connectivity
- Experience with, and understanding of Cisco router and switch technologies
- Experience in Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies
- Experience applying DISA STIGs / Security Patches
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Expertise in Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP)
- Knowledgeable in two-factor authentication platforms
- Good documentation and Visio skills
- Network Management Tools (Solarwinds, NPM, NCM, Kiwi)
- Experience with Remedy, Voice and VTC
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #cjpost #networkengineer #ciscorouters #networksecurity @topsecretjobs @fortbelvoirjobs #paloaltofirewall #CCNP