Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Job Title
- Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Job ID
- Franklin, TN 37069
- Other Location
Senior Business Analyst
Conexess Group is aiding a local client in their search for a Senior Business Analyst to come on board full time and add value immediately within the information technology space. This individual will act as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit feedback on requirements and perform analysis for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems. Ideally, this person will understands business problems and opportunities in the context of business requirements and be able to recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Daily tasks will include collaboration with technical teams, project managers, architects and database teams to elicit technical requirements and improve overall IT strategy.
- Documents business requirements to ensure applicability to operational areas when changes are implemented
- Ensure requirements/user stories are in a consumable state for backlog grooming; containing the appropriate Acceptance Criteria for Development and Quality Analysts.
- Active participation through all phases of the project in an Agile Development environment.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Work with Product Owner to finalize the priority of the work within the backlog, both system and business requirements. Ensuring the backlog remains in line with IT Initiatives.
- Support the team during sprinting and estimation, running down any questions that are uncovered.
- Considers the business implications of the application to the current and future business environment.
- Accountable for the effectiveness, quality and timeliness of project design decisions and how easily these designs can be implemented.
- Partners with Product Owners and Development teams to understand solution design, related deliverables and definition of “done”.
- Ensure clear success criteria are documented within standard test plans.
- Provides linkage and continuity to business units, development, operations and technical support groups in the testing and implementation of recommendations. Acts as an expert technical resource to client and development management and staff in all phases of the development and implementation process.
- Works with the SDLC team & to maintain project schedules that consider the priorities, key milestones, time estimates, task sequencing and identification of tasks that may be performed concurrently to achieve objectives
- Experience documenting requirements for .net or JAVA applications a plus
- Ability to drive to results independently.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Proven successful track record in working on application development teams.
- Excellent oral, written presentation and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and/or at least six, typically eight years of solid, diverse work experience in IT.
- At least 6+ years as a Business or Systems Analyst
- SQL experience a plus