Business Office Manager
- Job Title
- Business Office Manager
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Fleming Island, FL 32003
- Other Location
Business Office Manager - Fleming Island, FL - Direct Hire -
If you are a high energy individual with management experience, this job is for you!!! A Fleming Island family dentistry is looking to hire a full time Business Office Manager to run the day to day operations.
Responsible for overseeing operations of the dental practice. Supervises staff and oversees the management of the business aspect and clinical aspect of the practice. Responsible for supporting and implementing the owner's mission and strategic vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all legal corporate documents necessary to doing business are complete, filed appropriately and maintained (sales tax, and corporate meeting minutes)
- Manages the daily operations of the company's physical space.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Identifies and interacts with vendors and service providers to secure, furnish, set-up, maintain and re locate space as necessary. This includes furnishings, electronics, and supplies.
- Maintains all official service agreements and documents related to office space, office equipment and/or office services.
- Responsible for ensuring that all official company records are maintained, secured and retrievable.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Director to coordinate all company events including team meetings, employee recognition, board meetings and travel arrangements.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Director to encourage community education by initiation of participation in health fairs and events to promote awareness.
- Represents the practice in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies, and third party payers.
- Maintains employee records related to human resources, benefits and payroll.
- Develops and maintains disaster recovery plan for the company as it relates to employee and corporate records, payroll and employee contact.
- Implements and evaluates systems for improvement as needed.
- Creates and maintains all office organizational systems.
- Track, organize and schedule all training's for the staff and doctors (including travel)
- Maintain record of owner's continuing education hours
- Keep Personal Assistant informed of any calendar changes or things affecting the owner/doctor e.g. apt's, travel, meeting schedule, etc.
- Create presentations as needed for new and existing initiatives and projects.
- Spearhead, organize and be the contact person for future activities (building expansion, new services. etc.)
- Payroll for hourly staff
- Maintain proper staffing (hire, fire, scheduling, etc.)
- Prepare meeting agendas/calendars for monthly, quarterly, and annual staff meetings
- Monitor systems for tracking (statistics)
- Staff development to include counseling, evaluations, leadership training for Clinical Team Leads, etc.
- Front line decision maker whether it is a disgruntled patient, under performing staff member, building needs, or any conundrums in general
- Authorizing expenses after conferring with owner
- Budget planning with the owner doctor
- Informs owner about current trends, problems and dental activities to facilitate policy making
- Oversees and manages the billing and collection processes/department
- Enhances operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment without jeopardizing important innovation or quality of care
- Oversees the business and financial affairs of the practice and fiscal management in conjunction with the practice owner
- Resolves any dental-administrative problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff to ensure high employee morale and a professional, healthful practice atmosphere.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep current in the latest healthcare trends and developments
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in management ‘leadership positions with at least 1 year functioning in a senior leadership role. Work experience should show a progression of increased responsibilities. Dental experience preferred but not necessary.
- Customer Service - able to personally provide high level of interactive service to targeted customer base/market, building relationships and acting as internal company advocate
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal highly motivated, passionate, and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization
- Communication - able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner
- Organization & Time Management - able to work independently with minimal supervision, planning, scheduling and organizing professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail
- Systems & Software - proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications and Eaglesoft Dental Software
- Required Skills
- Pay Range
- $54,000.00 None to $0.00 None