Senior Cyber Intel Analyst – Intrusion Detection - CND
Fort Belvoir, VA
Top Secret Clearance Required
Talent Orchard has been retained by DEI as their outsourced recruiting organization to manage their hiring process and we are searching for a Senior Cyber Intel Analyst with specialty in Intrusion Detection and CND (Computer Network Defense) and an active Top Secret Clearance for a new and exciting role at Fort Belvoir, VA. Our client specializes in modernizing information technology systems by re-engineering existing systems to harness the full power of emerging technologies and proven innovations to serve the business needs of their customers.
In this role the ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks as a member of the Cyber Sustain Team. This individual will support cyber security initiatives, utilizing both predictive and reactive analysis. The best candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to maintain the systems and the infrastructure that the Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) uses to protect the network.
- Expert at creating custom rules and signatures using CSSP toolsets.
- Collect and analyze event information and performs threat or target analysis duties.
- Provide operations for persistent monitoring on a 24/7 basis of all designated networks, enclaves, and systems.
- Interpret, analyze, and report all events and anomalies in accordance with Computer Network directives, including initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events.
- Manage and execute first-level responses and addresses reported or detected incidents.
- Report to and coordinate with external organizations and authorities.
- Coordinate and distribute directives, vulnerability, and threat advisories to identified consumers.
- Provide daily summary reports of network events and activities and delivers metric reports.
- Investigate and identify the appropriate mechanisms for preventing and blocking (future) computer use violations.
- Provide updates and analysis to support closure of security policy violations and cyber security events/incidents.
- BA/BS and/or combination work experience
- 5+ years of CND (Computer Network Defense) experience
- US Citizen with Active Top Secret Clearance required - SCI eligible preferred
- Must be DoD 8570 Compliant for IAT Level II
- Must have CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker
- Ability to write snort based and custom IP/IDS/YARA signatures
- Ability to create/modify and interpret network and host based intrusion detection signatures and polices
- Ability to investigate network and host based intrusion detection events
- Competent understanding of functionality and capabilities of computer network defense technologies, to include: Router ACLs, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Antivirus, Web Content Filtering
- Familiarity with and ability to investigate Intrusion Detection System alerts
- Superb analytical, documentation, and communication skills are a must
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Experience using SIEM and Network Security Platform technologies
- Familiarity with open source, custom or proprietary CND Tools
- Ability to identify artifacts from host/file analysis to be used for protective measures on an enterprise network
- Knowledge of CND policies, regulations and compliance documents specific to the DOD
- Strong experience and proficient knowledge of tools used for network security (DLP, NIPS, HIPS, AV, Firewalls, etc)
- Proficient in signature development (IPS, IDS, yara, A/V, etc.)
- Experience with open source tools
- Solid understanding of *nix and Windows operating system functionality
- Scripting and coding experience (bash, PowerShell, python, etc.)
- Experience developing and proposing technical solutions for complex problems
- Experience with in-depth evaluation of disparate data sources (trends and reporting)
- Experience in system testing and use case development in support of highly technical customized applications
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #cjpost #cyberanalyst #cyberintel #intrusiondetection #arcsight #splunk @topsecretjobs @fortbelvoirjobs #CND #computernetworkdefense #CEH