PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Senior Architect
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22202
- Other Location
Responsibilities will include creating construction documents; general drafting and detailing; construction administration and drawing review; field surveys; reports; studies; and special projects.
In this position, the candidate will be preparing the architectural concept designs for USMS space, working with team members and client users to develop concept plans that satisfy USMS published standards for programming, construction, and finish requirements. Candidate will monitor the approved concept plans through GSA’s concept and construction documents phases. Travel may be required.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establishing program requirements
- Developing concept design AutoCAD floor plans
- Coordinating with other disciplines
- Resolution of technical and design issues as they arise
- Interpretation and application of relevant design standards and building codes
- Generating review comments regarding USMS space in A/E’s project submittals
- Facility assessments
- Maintaining accurate CAD drawings of all USMS space (To be stored in a SharePoint location)
- Updating information on USMS plans in a timely manner
- Supporting the WorkPlace Solutions Initiative to reduce space and gain workplace efficiencies
- Revising and updating USMS Publication 64 to include the Workplace Solutions Initiative and the latest in construction requirements and specifications for USMS space.
- Supporting ITD’s “Capture” Initiative by creating space for up to 200 contractors within existing USMS space while providing an “agile” work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of ten year of experience in a related field.
- Must be skilled in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong Organization skills
- Team building and management skills
- Ability to communicate with team members
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure of deadlines
- May require travel
Option 1: Create a New Profile
PSS offers a competitive benefits program, and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Interested in applying for one of the positions listed above? Please apply directly via the links above - thank you for your interest.
PSS provides employees with a benefits program that supports retention, and ultimately higher worker productivity. To better serve on projects where long-term employee satisfaction is a concern we provide the following scalable benefits:
- Medical & Hospitalization Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Training Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Special Programs