Mac Layer Design Engineer - REMOTE / VIRTUAL
- Job Title
- Mac Layer Design Engineer - REMOTE / VIRTUAL
- Job ID
With the accelerated expansion of wireless devices, the open radio frequency spectrum is declining rapidly and we are ever more vulnerable to unintended interference and potential exploitation. Our wireless research team has patented an innovative solution to this problem and this is your opportunity to work on ground breaking research with a world-class team. We need someone with the technical knowledge, the interpersonal skills and teamwork abilities to help us change the way the world looks at wireless.
Our team is seeking a wireless Medium Access Control (MAC)–layer engineer. The responsibilities include developing RTOS-based MAC protocol and device drivers using BSP packages for mobile devices, system-architecture design, modeling, and implementation and testing of network protocol algorithms. The Mac Layer Design Engineer will collaborate with world-class engineering teams on a wide variety of multi-disciplined projects and will be instrumental in the development of innovative engineered solutions using both current and emerging computing technologies.
Ideal candidate will conduct system analysis and simulation, performance optimization and architectural trade-off for hardware and software implementation; work closely with software and FPGA/ASIC teams in implementation, verification, optimization and testing of designed algorithms. Projects may extend into collaborative research with associated universities.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, plus 5 years relevant experience OR Advanced Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, plus 3 years relevant experience; entry-level or junior engineers with relevant internship experience will also be considered.
- US Citizenship Required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a "Q" clearance (DOD equivalent)
- Excellent understanding of engineering and scientific processes.
- Excellent embedded ANSI/GNU C/C++ programming skills.
- Strong background in embedded software and RTOS/Linux development.
- Experience with Real Time OS (RTOS) and object oriented development strongly preferred.
- Implementation experience with mesh networks and TDMA experience desired.
- Hands on experience in Ethernet, WLAN, or cellular MAC layer protocols.
- Expected to have in depth knowledge in authentication, authorization, encryption, and network security protocols.
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)