Lead Embedded Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Lead Embedded Security Engineer
- Job ID
In this highly visible role, you will have the opportunity to set technical product strategy, directly contribute to product security and lead a small group of talented engineers. In order to further advance our robust global security program, we are seeking a strong, hands-on leader over our embedded security products division. This global leader has millions of deployed devices focused on making networking easier, faster and smarter with an eye to continuous improvement on performance, stability and security.
This is an ideal position for a strong embedded developer with security prowess and a penchant for leadership and mentoring. The Product Security team plays a central role in protecting customer networks and critical data. As leader of this team, you will play an integral role in driving the security vision for this global powerhouse.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for leading a small team of best-in class engineers to identify vulnerabilities and develop security measures across all product lines. Our goal is to give you the opportunity to make an indelible mark on the security landscape with people you respect. Not so bad, right?
Core Accountabilities Include:
- Designing, planning and executing on product security features
- Perform code reviews, penetration testing and reverse engineering
- Relentless restlessness to enhance and improve current products
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders, establish technical competency, and deliver complex projects
- Assist junior resource to home their security tradecraft skills
Aside from technical work, you will also be making significant, measurable and frequent contributions to team development and organizational growth.
To succeed, you will need about five years of relevant embedded software development with an emphasis on security. You will interact with some of the most brilliant technical security experts in the world and you must be able to both listen carefully to a variety of viewpoints as well champion your ideas. In addition, you'll need to bring at least five of these experiences/skills to the table:
- A BS/MS/Ph.D in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in system software development with an emphasis on security.
- 1+ years in a leadership role.
- A real passion for computer systems security.
- Experience with C/C++.
- Excellent communication and group presentation skills
- The ability to influence, facilitate and work collaboratively across teams.
- Familiarity with common software flaws that lead to exploits, and experience with techniques for securing embedded systems (e.g. ASLR).
- Experience with tools for auditing or reverse engineering computer systems (static analysis tools, protocol fuzzers, etc.)
- A strong background in fundamentals of cryptography.
- Experience with penetration testing and other security exercises.
- An understanding of the existing security support systems: CVE, Mitre, NVD.
- Familiarity with FIPS and PCI standards for computer and data security.
- Familiarity with ISO/IEC 27k standards, esp. ISO/IEC 27034-27040.
Strong compensation package paired with excellent benefits, crazy cool culture, and relocation available to beautiful San Francisco (assuming you don't live here already)!
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)