Sr. Site Reliability/Production Support Application Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr. Site Reliability/Production Support Application Engineer
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Site Reliability/Production Support Application Engineer
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Site Reliability Engineer will be hands-on technically and responsible for developing technical mastery, promoting sound architecture and good technical decisions by the teams that you work with. Your primary responsibility will be working with Solutions Architects and Technical Project Managers along with Infrastructure Engineers to ensure we quickly deliver elegant and dependable solutions that complement the initiatives of the business. You will work closely with the Development, Quality Engineering and Operations teams to identify, prioritize, and drive issues to resolution quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years production application support experience in a high uptime environment
- Expert understanding of Windows server environments
- Mastery of a command line scripting language of your choice
- Experience with .NET, Java and Java Server technologies
- Experience with SDLC toolset, including the Atlassian stack, and .NET source control toolset
- Experience with Power Shell Python, and some type of config management technology like Puppet
- In-depth infrastructure knowledge (Load Balancing, AD, DHCP, DNS, NTP, SSH)
- Excellent debugging, problem solving and process implementation skills
- Strong troubleshooting and support skills
- Project and time management skills
- Good communication skills and documentation skills as we are a highly collaborative environment
- Knowledge of Agile, continuous integration practices strongly preferred
- Knowledge of ActiveMQ and Container related technologies is plus.
Design, Implementation, Integration and Administration
- Administrate a moderately complex global ecommerce environment spanning multiple data centers with 100% uptime requirements.
- Administrate our middleware running on Windows and Linux environments, all with differing SLA’s.
- Perform system administration functions such as building, troubleshooting, performance tuning, reporting, monitoring, and etc on Windows and Linux VMware host in all environments
- Work with application architect and infrastructure groups to deliver infrastructure tasks in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with groups inside IT to manage deadline and deliverables
- Engineer highly redundant solutions for hosting RESTful .NET services. This includes performance testing and tuning.
- Use monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to development and ensure that stay within our SLAs.
- Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure.
- Advance the state of our tools and systems that allow high-quality changes to be deployed while maintaining solid uptime and security to our operational environment.
- Leverage scripting to build required automation and tools on an ad-hoc basis.
- Develop automation to rapidly deploy instances from hardened images for both Windows and Linux.
- Rapidly POC new technologies and help guide future technology choices.
- Empowered to set technical direction within the confines for IT policy.