Consultant, Commercial Analytics & Insights
- Job Title
- Consultant, Commercial Analytics & Insights
- Job ID
- Lincolnshire, IL
- Other Location
Consultant, Commercial Analytics & Insights
Talent Orchard LLC is the retained recruiting partner for Melinta Therapeutics, we are managing the search on behalf of Melinta for an experienced Consultant, Commercial Analytics & Insights to be based in Illinois. This is a contracted position working through Talent Orchard for Melinta who will determine work and product.
Melinta Therapeutics is the largest pure play antibiotics company in the US with a potential $1B in commercial and late stage development products, plus a robust early development pipeline. Our mission is to meet the continually evolving threat of bacterial infections by discovering, developing, and commercializing a continual stream of novel antibiotics.
Melinta takes a robust analytical approach to every aspect of product commercialization and have invested in a strong data analysis and insights team, with our growth the team is being expanded. They intend to add an experienced consultant to lead the core analysis of primary and secondary quantitative and qualitative data and to inform every aspect from pricing and forecasting to marketing, market segmenting and ensuring return on investment (ROI).
If you are ready to apply your commercial analytics skills and to become part of a dynamic journey contracting for a well-funded company that has a clear and exciting mission. This is the opportunity for you.
The breadth and the dynamic nature the role combined with a strong “start-up” culture means you will have the opportunity to grow professionally while truly impacting the success of new products from launch through maturity. In this role you will engage on a regular basis with strategic leaders from every aspect of the business and must be comfortable interpreting complex data and insights for the benefit of leaders who may be less well-versed in data analysis.
Are you ready to;
- Develop strategic and tactical plans for assigned brands through preparation of competitive landscape analysis? Strategic plan may include identification of key customer segments, as well as developing targeting plans to optimize promotional effectiveness (segmentation, targeting, promotion response)
- Partner with marketing leadership in the planning, execution, and ongoing monitoring of marketing programs?
- Partner with marketing and the market access team to design pricing / co-pay support initiatives to ensure patient access to assigned brands?
- Partner with market access in the assessment and creation of business cases to support GPO, IDN, hospital, and payer contracting?
- Develop research strategies to ensure brand understanding of customer insights?
- Direct third-party suppliers in the planning and execution of qualitative and quantitative market research studies that support product demand and positioning, pricing, and segmentation?
- Conduct ongoing analysis of secondary data sources (IMS, WK, AMR, etc.) used to support forecasting and derive insights regarding competitive performance?
- Identify KPIs and develop and direct the creation and operationalization of product performance dashboards
- Direct third-party suppliers in the execution of ongoing competitive intelligence efforts to ensure the commercial organization anticipates and plans for competitive actions and market events?
- Develop commercial assessments, forecasts, and when necessary cash flow models in support of evaluation of pipeline assets as well as corporate development and licensing opportunities?
- Identify and utilize appropriate software tools for various types of strategic analysis?
- Partner with operations functions to ensure correct implementation of strategic recommendations (e.g. segmentation and targeting strategies, marketing program target lists, reporting on marketing programs)?
Your background will likely include;
- Minimum of 5 years of analytical roles within a commercial function of a consulting or pharma/biotech company
- Proven success record of launching products in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech Industry
- Proven success record of developing commercial strategy and gaining support from senior management
- Knowledge of SOPs/guidelines requirements for pharmaceutical products
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, small pharma environment
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, with an emphasis on Business, Statistics, Mathematics, or other highly analytical oriented subjects.
- An advanced degree strongly preferred.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #commercialanalytics #pharmajobs #productlaunch