Senior Director, Market Access – Group Purchasing Organizations
Field-Base role (Work remotely with travel)
Talent Orchard LLC is the retained recruiting partner for Melinta Therapeutics, we are managing the search for on behalf of Melinta for a, Senior Director, Market Access – Group Purchasing Organizations, which is a remote (home office) based role with extensive travel in the US. This is a salaried role with Melinta with full benefits and a company car.
Melinta Therapeutics is the largest pure play antibiotics company in the US with a potential $1B in commercial and late stage development products, plus a robust early development pipeline. Our mission is to meet the continually evolving threat of bacterial infections by discovering, developing, and commercializing a continual stream of novel antibiotics.
Melinta is seeking a Senior Director to own the Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO) area within Market Access for all current products and those in development. This is a role that can be located anywhere in the country and requires travel to meet with clients and interact with internal and external stakeholders as needed. Melinta will provide all necessary equipment for a functioning remote office and a car.
Are you ready to;
- “Run the show” for all Hospital focused GPO relationships for Melinta across all products? This is an “army of one” role where you will develop the strategy and execute.
- Be a part of a nimble but highly qualified Market Access team that has real impact on the strategic success of the company?
- Truly put your personal stamp of the GPO aspect of Market Access within Infectious Disease and antibiotics with visibility to the highest levels of the company?
- Have the ability to utilize your knowledge, relationships and hard work to influence direction and decisions within the firm?
- Know that the work you do has significant positive impact on health outcomes within critical care and other hospital settings.
Your responsibilities include;
- Defining strategic opportunities and stratification of customer choices in specialized health system partners influencing clinical and therapeutic choices within targeted U.S. Hospitals (to include third party clinical consulting groups, group purchasing organizations, and aligned purchasing coalitions.
- The identification and development of strategic contracting opportunities with external channel partners, including Group Purchasing Organizations, Purchasing Coalitions, and Healthcare Systems for Melinta’s product portfolio.
- Developing and maintaining long-lasting business relationships with third party clinical consulting groups, group purchasing organizations, and aligned purchasing coalitions based on the following:
- Understanding the interplay between Channel Partners and targeted U.S. Hospitals and Systems.
- Conducting analysis and ensuring alignment with Channel Partners regarding key challenges that our mutual customers face today.
You will be accountable for;
- GPO Performance including contract performance
- Access to product portfolio through GPO’s Financial performance (efficiency)
- Understanding and building strategic partnerships with group purchasing organizations and aligned purchasing coalitions.
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of the customer value propositions of our and our competitors’ solutions including key supporting data.
- Provide competitive benchmarking and intelligence in the role clinical consulting groups and channel partners serve in the evaluation, implementation and performance outcomes (Value Based Purchasing Outcomes).
Your prior experience most likely includes;
- 10 plus years of experience within pharma/biotech.
- 7 years of direct GPO responsibility & experience, including leading programs.
- Extensive experience working with hospital settings and groups.
- Strong written & verbal communication.
- Prior Infectious Disease experience is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree is a requirement, advanced degree preferred.
- Willing to travel nationally at least 40% of the time.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #marketaccess #GPO