City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Staff Accountant - Closed
- Job Title
- Staff Accountant - Closed
- Job ID
- Providence, RI
- Other Location
We are seeking a Jr Staff Accountant to assist in the accounting team.
The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
This position works hand in hand with the Controller and includes a wide range of accounting responsibilities. We are looking for someone with an outstanding work ethic and a problem solver. The Staff Accountant is expected to develop a working knowledge of internal work flow and procedures and assist the areas of AR and AP as a back-up when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monthly close process
- Balance sheet account reconciliations
- Bank statement reconciliations
- Month end calculations
- Preparation of journal entries
- General ledger activity analysis to identify and correct transaction errors
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable support
- Research and pull documentation for auditors
- Additional projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of progressive experience as a staff accountant
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Able to successfully communicate with employees, management and those outside the organization
- Must be a team player, demonstrate attention to detail and have good organizational skills
Please apply by emailing your resume.
- Required Skills
4 year accounting degree