Manager of IT Marketing Database and Analytics
- Job Title
- Manager of IT Marketing Database and Analytics
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN 37027
- Other Location
Title: Manager of IT Marketing Database and Analytics
Our Nashville based client is seeking a Manager of IT Marketing Database and Analytics. A company who truly lives by its Mission and Values, our client is investing in technology, drives business growth, and truly values its' employees, while also being known for it's culture and opportunity for growth from within.
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
This position is responsible for the oversight and development of marketing and customer database applications and systems for use by the company’s Marketing Team. Additional responsibilities include technical leadership, mentoring other team members, and leading projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Minimum of 5% of time spent)
- Manage the development and deployment of marketing analytics, customer data applications and systems. Contribute to the overall vision, roadmap and technical architecture of the customer database and oversight of analytical tools used for data extraction.
- Allocate resources and supervise direct reports.
- Recruit, maintain and develop a highly trained and motivated staff. This includes the overall development of the IT Marketing Database and Analytics team, including but not limited to hiring of staff, coaching and development of people, and counseling as needed.
- Review and analyze existing applications and system effectiveness and efficiency. Develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Research emerging technologies in support of marketing data mining, campaign creation and artificial intelligence and clientele. Participate in proof of concept/value creation and software recommendations.
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for specified Information Technology (IT) area of responsibility in conjunction with department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best
- Sponsor, promote, and execute projects to prototype and pilot new technologies supporting the company's Marketing strategy.
Experience: 8 or more years of equivalent work experience, including 2 years of management experience leading a team required. Experience in Customer CRM marketing analysis and loyalty campaign applications is preferred. Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) / Agile methodologies.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Marketing or related field is preferred.
Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Professional Certifications: None.
High Demand IT Specialized skills: None.
Platform knowledge: SAP, SAS, SQL, Linux/Unix.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Multi-channel experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing analytics and customer data hubs.
- Working knowledge of architecture, design, development, and implementation of marketing applications, including SAP, CRM, and SAS.
- Superior ability to managing teams working with various applications and programming languages such as SAP, SAS, Java and C.
- Superior negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- May require some travel for the purpose of off-site software and system applications management
Job Impact: Thinking within defined policies, principles and specific objectives. Not covered by defined procedures, only the objectives are defined. Must think about how to achieve these goals. Utilize own judgement to determine "how" to achieve required results. Establish a plan, determine the priorities and prescribe the processes needed to achieve objectives.
Business Impact: Has the degree of independence needed to achieve results within budgets, plans, policies, and precedents. Involved in creating functional precedents/policies. Freedom to establish expected results and determine how and when results are to be achieved. Able to implement standards and operating procedures to define how work is completed within department. Goals/objectives have a monthly/annual focus.