Manufacturing Engineer (HVAC)
- Job Title
- Manufacturing Engineer (HVAC)
- Job ID
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Terms: Direct Hire
Salary Range - $75-$100K + Bonus (Dependent upon experience – flexible on salary for the right person)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
HVAC Molding and Assembly Manufacturing Engineer
- Primary technical resource/authority in Climate Product Group for HVAC Manufacturing and assembly.
- Interface with Product Development on Design for manufacturing features for HVAC.
- Lead assembly process development and coordinate source selection for HVAC programs using standardized global processes.
- Develop specifications and lead equipment selection, installation, launch, service and training.
- Lead design for manufacturing efforts for HVAC assembly.
- Lead process design for molding operations interface with assembly.
- Participate in capacity planning.
- Participate in and support internal business case studies for HVAC quotes and sourcing
- Support pre-production and PPAP builds.
- Design equipment and modifications taking into consideration the function, safety and ergonomics, reliability/maintainability and economics required using standardized global processes and equipment.
- Support all documentation requirements including PFMEA, Control Plans, and HVCC Product Development System deliverables.
- Assist manufacturing plant with process design including HVAC assembly and PV testing required.
- Develop new program launch budgets and plans.
- Develop and maintain process state and flow maps.
Experience: 3-5 years relevant experience as a Manufacturing Engineer
Degree Required: BS Engineering
- Experience with and detailed knowledge of all processes and equipment related to HVAC injection molding and assembly.
- Thorough application-ready knowledge of:
- Time study estimates / balance of Direct / Indirect labor & overhead.
- Interpretation and implementation of one piece flow, constraint management, and automation tradeoffs for optimal manufacturing efficiency.
- Lean manufacturing principles and disciplines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to interface effectively with product development, manufacturing locations, and equipment and tooling suppliers.
- Spanish, Portuguese, or Korean language skills a plus
- Position may require travel one week per month potentially including worldwide.