Director, IT Retail Marketing Systems
- Job Title
- Director, IT Retail Marketing Systems
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN 37027
- Other Location
Title: Director IT Retail Marketing Systems
Our Nashville based client is seeking a Director of IT Retail Marketing Systems. A company who truly lives by its' Mission and Values, our client is investing in technology, drives business growth, and truly values its' employees, while also being known for its' culture and opportunity for growth from within.
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Client Description: Director IT Marketing Systems
This position is responsible for directing the design, development and deployment of all store-facing and store-supporting systems and applications. This position will define the technological vision of these systems and ensure alignment with business initiatives. In addition, the position is accountable for the support and stability of store systems and setting performance standards and service levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define technology vision for marketing systems and develop strategies for improving and leveraging marketing systems.
- Direct research on software products and services and determine course of action in support of procurement and development efforts, including operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
- Lead the Information Technology (IT) team responsible for implementing and maintaining core marketing and business intelligence systems such as customer relationship management (CRM) solutions, marketing analytics, campaign management, loyalty, business intelligence/reporting and the enterprise data warehouse, while supporting the business teams that depend on it. Ensure systems are up and secure at all times.
- Define complex program/project deliverables and service level agreements, as well as commit resources to IT management, executive team, department leads, support staff, and end-users.
- Define development and implementation of IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, program/project management, and software development lifecycle (SDLC) standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Direct managers, team leads and other direct reports including making decisions on recruiting, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions. Provide technical leadership to project managers and direct reports.
- Participate in IT department operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Define and review budgets for and from the IT department and ensure the budgets comply with stated goals, guidelines, and strategic initiatives.
- Ensure clear and timely communication to business leaders/partners about all pertinent events that affect core systems and keep them apprised of project status.
- Develop and maintain superior test plans by partnering with Quality Assurance. Ensure that new systems and changes are properly tested.
- Actively manage vendor relationships to ensure company is getting the best possible resources and that vendors are staying on task and on schedule with our projects.
- Coordinate and communicate with external groups on all aspects for the technology process include managing vendor relationships, defining broad/complex program deliverables, setting service level agreements and coordinating changes with other groups in IT and the business
Experience: 10 years of IT experience in store and marketing technologies, including experience managing or directing IT managers/supervisors.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related technical field is preferred. Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Professional Certifications: None.
High Demand IT Specialized skills: Platform knowledge (SAP, Business Objects, SQL): SAP, SAS, Linux/Unix, SQL
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Experience in architecture practices, modeling, and technical frameworks in order to ensure architecture disciplines are followed.
- Strong knowledge of IT financial management.
- Ability to lead strategic change across technology environments.
Job Impact: Thinking within clearly defined policies, principles and specific objectives. Not covered by defined procedures, only the objectives are defined. Must think about how to achieve these goals. Given latitude to consider whether new procedures may have to be developed, consistent with current policies, or existing principles, to achieve required end results. The "how" is determined by own judgement.
Business Impact: Has the degree of independence needed to achieve results within budgets, plans, policies, and precedents. Involved in creating functional precedents/policies. Freedom to establish expected results and determine how and when results are to be achieved. Able to implement standards and operating procedures to define how work is completed within department. Goals/objectives have a monthly/annual focus.