AR Insurance Follow-up Collections
- Job Title
- AR Insurance Follow-up Collections
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37205
- Other Location
The Insurance Follow-up Collector generates revenue by monitoring and pursuing payment on all unpaid and delinquent accounts in a timely manner; serving as a liaison between the Provider, Payors, and Patient with regards to payment collections; and maintaining daily and monthly productivity goals to maximize cash flow.
- Verification of insurance benefits if missed by front office.
- Able to research denied CPT codes with comparison to the LCD/NCD requirements.
- Effectively identifies trend that inhibit timely payment.
- Work average of 50 to 100 denials per day based on supervisor requirements and accounts assigned.
- Works closely with insurance carriers for reimbursement requirements to ensure payment.
- Reviews outstanding AR accounts and contacts insurance for reimbursement explanation.
- Provides clear and accurate documentation of all contacts with any internal or external persons concerning patient accounts.
- Quickly becomes familiar with duties and performs them independently, accurately, efficiently, promptly, recognizing their importance and relationship to patient care.
- Consults with appeals department for disputed / denied claims.
- Works / Understands electronic claim interchange.
- Understands life cycle of primary and secondary claims.
- Maintains front office support relationship.
- Takes incoming calls from insurance carriers and patients.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years experience in Insurance follow-up.
- Understanding of managed care contracts and fee schedules, including Medicare and Medicaid.
- Experience with computerized billing software and interpreting EOBs.
- Working knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, and CPT coding.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Familiar with Chemotherapy and Radiation Billing.
Ability to work in a team environment and be able to multi task. Strong Business and Organizational Competence. Exceptional Customer Service Skills. Strong functional Competence. Interpersonal Skill Competency. Stress Tolerance. Initiative. Adaptability. Accountability. Integrity. Self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking. Ability to maintain a professional, polished image. Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Our executive team doesn’t hide the fact that they care. Patients come first. Period. It’s refreshing in today’s business environment to know that the bottom line is more than profits.
There’s nothing better than being part of a team that makes a difference in the world. Every person contributes to the quality of experience our patients and families have.
We prosper as a company when we grow as individuals. We are committed to being the best we can be by empowering our team members to grow personally and professionally.
Commit to something big
There are many benefits to being part of the e+CancerCare team – including competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, 401(K), ongoing training, team member assistance program and service days. But at the end of the day, we believe the most important benefit is making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
I’ve been with e+ for over seven years. We’ve grown rapidly over that time but haven’t lost the family feeling. I love that any teammate in the company will help each other out to do what’s best for our patients.Chris Burgess, Vice President of Clinical Operations
I am surrounded by an awesome management team, nurses and peers. The home office gives us a lot of autonomy to do what's best for our patients, families and communities.Brittany Fortie, Lead Nurse, Oncologics and Lafayette General Hospital
You hear people say, ''we’re a family,' but at e+ it’s not just words, you actually feel it. Everybody is so happy and caring. I love working here and getting a chance to brighten the day for our patients and families.Jamie Gilbert, Patient Concierge, Oncologics, New Iberia