The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Senior Subject Matter Expert (Intranet / Extranet)*
- Job Title
- Senior Subject Matter Expert (Intranet / Extranet)*
- Job ID
- Baltimore, MD
- Other Location
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Senior Subject Matter Expert (Intranet / Extranet)
REPORTS TO: VP, Technology and Network Solutions
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS FOR A PROPOSAL
The Senior Subject Matter Expert (Intranet / Extranet) must be able to independently perform a variety of system design and integration tasks where a specific subject matter expertise is necessary.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation and implementation methodologies on complex problems that require in-depth knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
- Must be capable of Troubleshooting connectivity issues that tier 1-3 cannot resolve.
- Able to support the Internet infrastructure and World Wide Web technologies of a large scale, fairly complex enterprise network.
- Provide expert consultation on interconnect protocols, hardware and software.
- Provide and execute standard implementation procedures for user network access requests.
- Research and be able to give advice on state-of-the-art Internet and World Wide Web technologies with a specific focus on security and interconnected systems at the senior engineer/architect mastery level.
- Provide support for Enterprise Wide Area Network and Enterprise Local Area Network security solutions, as well as firewall/Internet technology solutions.
- Configure and manage firewalls using tools such as the web interface (UI), command line interface (CLI), and Netscreen Security Manager (NSM).
- Configure and manage external business partner firewalls, which may include the NS-500, 5GT, SSG-5, SSG-140, SSG-520, and the ISG-1000 platforms.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Clearance : Ability to Obtain a Public Trust Level 5. (U.S. Citizenship required).
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Computer Science or technology related field preferred.
- Ten years or more of relevant experience.
- Troubleshoot, monitor, and interpret SNA and IP network communication problems using tools including but not limited to - William Data Systems’ Exigence, Juniper firewall debug and log output files, and network sniffer/trace output files on a large enterprise network.
- Design, test, and implement external connections to the customer’s network via Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and SNA Network Interconnections (SNI) using TCP/IP and SNA protocols.
- Desirable Certifications : Relevant Computing Certifications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: