Senior LAN/WAN Engineer*
- Job Title
- Senior LAN/WAN Engineer*
- Job ID
- Baltimore, MD
- Other Location
MicroTech, a Certified and Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), has had noteworthy success since its inception in 2004. In August 2017, the company was selected as a provider for GSA’s $50 Billion 15-Year Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Contract. MicroTech provides Cloud Computing, Technology Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Products & Managed Service Solutions, Technology/Professional Services, Network Systems Integration, R&D, Telecom Solutions & Integration and Financial Services to the public sector, as well as commercial enterprises -- managing more than a quarter of a million technology users daily. A prime contractor of more than 100 Federal projects and more than 20 Contract Vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2,500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the Federal Government.
JOB TITLE: Senior LAN/WAN Engineer
REPORTS TO: VP, Technology and Network Solutions
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS FOR A PROPOSAL
Applicant must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of LAN/WAN Engineering. As the Senior LAN/WAN Engineer, the candidate is expected to elevate their skillset and assist the team with implementation of best-practice standards.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a senior IT staff member providing guidance to administrators who deploy workstations etc.
- Provide a high level of customer service to end users, local and remote.
- Work with a team of systems and network engineers to improve network performance through the optimization and replacement of existing network infrastructure.
- Monitoring the overall performance of systems to assess the need for updates, upgrades, enhancements, preventive maintenance and new systems, and recommending options for upgrading and improving the performance of systems.
- Design, deploy and support routing, switching, firewalling, and load balancing; including support of associated hardware.
- Maintain network monitoring systems to troubleshoot and remediate issues that arise.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Clearance : Ability to Obtain a Public Trust Level 5. (U.S. Citizenship required).
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Computer Science or technology related field preferred.
- Ten years or more of relevant experience.
- Desirable Certifications : Relevant Certifications such as :- CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, VCP(VMware Certified Professional)
- Should have strong experience in a variety of network technologies including :
- VMware certified in design, implementation, and support.
- All Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating Systems.
- Active Directory and Group Policy Configuration.
- PowerShell scripting.
- Wireless Access Point and Wireless Card Setup in secure environments.
- Router and firewall configuration.
- VPN, Remote Access and Terminal Server configuration.
- Network design and implementation experience, including working knowledge of IP addressing.
- Protocols, LAN and WAN configurations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please use URL below: