Sr. Java Developer (full-stack)
- Job Title
- Sr. Java Developer (full-stack)
- Job ID
- Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Java Developer (full-stack)
Terms: Direct Hire
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Conexess Group is a staffing company that specializes in finding the right talent for our clients and connecting people with new opportunities.
Our client is a technology focused leader in the financial space, and they are actively seeking a Sr. Full-Stack Java Developer to join an innovative internal development team that will work on building out enterprise applications and digital products. This person will work in an agile environment and have the ability to focus on API, Angular, Responsive UI, Database Design, and be well-versed in best practices regarding software development and management. This person will code, test, debug and implement complex software applications.
- Designs, codes, tests and implements application programs in accordance with client specifications
- Analyzes, codes, tests and documents complex enhancements made to new and/or existing programs
- Oversees the advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution functions for software products.
- Interprets business requirements and identifies solutions to meet business objectives
- Reviews and recommends vendor products, develops technical specifications and interfaces
- with other applications.
- Acts as a liaison to define business requirements and/or problems and initiates maintenance of
- existing programs or designs of a new application.
- May function as technical lead on larger projects and may act as project lead on smaller projects/development efforts
- May participate in 24x7 production support on-call rotation
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and QUALITIES:
- Ability to work for US employer without sponsorship
- 3-5 years’ experience in java development and J2EE
- Previous experience working with Angular 2.0
- Experience working with various types of databases (e.g. DB2, SQL, UDB)
- Experience and proven knowledge in writing and analyzing SQL queries
- Previous experience with responsive design to provide web, tablet and mobile solutions
- Understanding of database design
- Desire to build high-quality and high-performance enterprise solutions
- Leadership qualities and ability from a technical standpoint; Ability to coach and mentor others
- Fits within an “API first mentality”
- Undergraduate degree in computer-related field preferred
NICE-TO-HAVE SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE
- Experience developing in IBM Websphere, Angular, Responsive, Mobile/tablet solutions
- Experience with Oracle, DB2, and/or SQLServer databases. DB2 preferred but not necessary.
- Experience developing Java EE applications, especially for deployment in IBM Websphere Application Server environments